• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Help with blown fuse in Tone King amp

Ease On

i just received delivery of a used Tone King Meteor 40 Series II 1/12. After inserting the tubes and turning the amp on, I got no sound and discovered one of the tubes was not all the way in. With the amp still on, I pushed the power tube all the way in, and the fuse blew. I turned off the amp, removed the fuse. I wanted to know what the fuse was so I could replace it. Outside the fuse case the amp says "2A" but the fuse itself says "3A 250W." (It played fine in the guitar store despite not being what the amp itself says it should be.) the Meteor manual is no longer on line, so I checked the manuals for other Tone King amps. The manual for the TK Imperial says to use a standard 2A sloblo style 3AG. TK Metropolitan manual says the same. TK Sky King manual says 3A. TK Galaxy says that although the amp markings on the back pan say to use a 2A fuse, a 3A sloblo fuse style 3AG should be used. So it is not clear at all what to do for the Meteor!! Is anybody familiar with this issue? I don't want to damage my amp.

Astronaut FX

Gold Supporting Member
I would think you should be able to trust what is specified in writing. Bet you won't reseat a tube with a powered up amp again. :)

DiPa

Constant GAS
I doubt anyone here has the right answer unless they have the same amp and can check. I suggest you send TK an email requesting this info.
Best of luck.

Blue Strat

When in doubt ALWAYS go with the lower current rating (2A versus 3A). Even if it's wrong, it can't do the amp any damage and will likely hold until you have the amp dimed.

Ease On

Blue Strat, I've read on other posts -- not about my amp, but in general -- that using a lower current rating (2A versus 3A) could allow too much electricity to flow through the amplifier, potentially causing damage. Is this not your understanding? (Thanks for your comment.)

Blue Strat

Blue Strat, I've read on other posts -- not about my amp, but in general -- that using a lower current rating (2A versus 3A) could allow too much electricity to flow through the amplifier, potentially causing damage. Is this not your understanding? (Thanks for your comment.)
That's the opposite of what happens. This only becomes an issue if something is wrong in the amp. Fuses are protection from high current if something is wrong.

dewey decibel

So I'm looking at the manual, actually doesn't say a thing about the fuse. But yeah, I'd go with 2 amp slo-blo, better off going with the lower value. But don't hesitate to contact Mark, he's really good about getting back to you about that stuff.

james russell

Gold Supporting Member
I had this exact problem with my Meteor II a couple of weeks ago (first time in six years). Mark Bartel helped me out. Email him, he's a great guy.

Trending Topics