help with BR900 and drums

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by buellracer, Aug 2, 2008.

1. buellracer

buellracer Member

Hey everybody, I've got a boss BR900 and I've been recording some stuff and want to put drums on it. I think the sounds I can get in the onboard drums are fine for what I'm doing and I can pretty much get them set up to go with the song but I can't get them to stop when the song is over or get them to record to my bounced tracks for mastering. Anybody know how to do this?
    Also if you've got any good hints or tips for mastering that'd be great. Thanks in advance everybody.

2. Old Fuzzface

Old Fuzzface Member

I have a BR-600 but I think the way the 900 works is very similar.

You need to create an arrangement to play the drum patterns for intro, verse, chorus etc. The arrangement will define the number of bars (measures) that each pattern plays for and of course, when to stop playing.

To record the rhythm track to audio you have to have the rhythm track playing and the fader up when you're bouncing down. This will send the drums and any other audio tracks that are playing to the track(s) that are set to record.

3. JS335

JS335 Member

4. buellracer

buellracer Member

hey guys, thanks for the help.
    I've got another quick question about doing vox fx on the unit although I don't need it that much because I can just redo a track but sometimes I get a really excellent track and have just one or two little pitchy spots I'd like to correct.
    I really don't get how to use the pitch correction on it and when I think I'm doing it correctly it gives me really computerized immediate shift sounds that I can't stand. Does anybody know how to use this feature?

5. Old Fuzzface

Old Fuzzface Member

Sorry, I can't help you on the pitch correction function, I've not used it.

I use a footswitch on the BR to control punch-in/punch-out re-recording to do simple fixes to a track. Alternatively, I might record another take on a separate v-track and then edit the takes down to one good version.

I usually export my tracks to my Mac for editing although it can be done on the BR itself.

6. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

I have the BR1600, does anyone know how to use the mastering tool box?