Help with D.Loop

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rastaman, Nov 18, 2005.

1. rastaman

rastaman Member

I bought a Lehle D.Loop today and couldn't wait to get home and use it, I'd been using a buddy's Morley. Well first off it wasn't as quiet as I thought but the biggest thing [unless user error here] is it won't send to both A and B loops at the same time. I have the guitar to input, A send to amp A, and B send to amp B.

With A on, A amp outputs.
    With B on, B amp outputs.
    With A and B on, just A outputs.

Another odd thing, the manual says press set and all the lights will come on to enter programming, they don't. So I held reset down for 3+ seconds and everything still acts the same. I don't think I'm doing something wrong here but it's definitely possible.

I tried the regular output to amp B but it defeats when either A or B are active.

2. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

I have one too and it is dead silent. Any noise should be coming from the rest of your setup.

The D Loop is not an amp switcher.

It is meant for use with one amp.

Guitar Signal>through Loop A(send and return)> through Loop B(send and return)>to Amp. That is how the signal flows.

The way you have it set up, the signal doesn't return to the switcher after going through the A send.

Lehle makes an amp switcher which is a different model. The D Loop is meant for taking effects and such out of your signal path like a Loooper or similar device. It's like having 2 effects loop on an amp.

It looks like you bought the wrong one. Return it and get the "Lehle Dual" and your problem is solved!

3. rastaman

rastaman Member

4. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

Well, I could be wrong. The way it is set up from the factory will not work as you'd like. I know it is programmable but I've never messed with reprogramming it.

The instructions read, "With both Loops in active mode, the signal first runs through Loop A, then through loop B".

It also says, "Loop B is serially connected after Loop A."

I can see how this might be confusing. The manual is a bit ambiguous in some respects.

I would email Lehle and ask him. He is very friendly and will respond quickly to you.

bg@lehle.com

5. e-z

e-z Member

They make an A/B/Y box for switching between amps. The D Loop is an effects loop.

6. rastaman

rastaman Member

7. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

Have you ever noticed how folks dont read all of a post before they comment. I get that all the time. Someone will read half my post and then make a reply without reading all of it or looking at a link posted.

I dont get it. :eek:

8. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

Your better off to post this in Amps and Cabs you'll get more response.

9. rastaman

rastaman Member

I've jumped and replied w/out totally reading before so I'm guilty. I try now not to.

I'm going to Midtown to take it back today, guess I'll ride by Discount and look at the Switchbone. Never could get through to the Boutique Exchange, the line was busy forever :eek: . Talked to a guy in New York who said he'd give me the lowest price in the US, he never called me back :mad: . I wish I could put my hands on one, plus buy it and try it out without waiting on shipping and only having 24hrs, return authorization code, UPS, blah blah blah! :mad:

Is it just me?? :confused: Probably ;)

10. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

Try Musictoyz. They're great!

11. rastaman

rastaman Member

Thanks, just did it. They were cheapest also :)

12. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

13. rastaman

rastaman Member

Ordered one from MusicToyz.

14. e-z

e-z Member

Rastaman, did you order the Swithcbone? I got one and it works great.

I was going to get a Dual a few years ago but the dealer at the local music store steered me away from it because of the noise. I've never tried one to verify his claims.

15. rastaman

rastaman Member

No, I ordered a Dual and I'll try it for 5 days I guess. I'm thinking NOW the Switchbone might be the way I go though. I do want quiet switching and I just heard from a Lehle owner that you can hear the pops when switching, plus the ground lift is inside the unit- that's kind of ignorant isn't it??

For some reason the funky power supply on the Switchbone really bothers me, I guess I was kinda steering away from that and PCB component mounting.

16. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

You couldn't hear a single pop on my D. Loop. It's built like a friggin tank. Try it first!