Help With Eh Holy Grail!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mikenixon316, Jun 20, 2008.

1. mikenixon316

mikenixon316 Member

The reverb of my Blues Junior has decided to stop working, so I've decided to get a good reverb pedal instead.

I've heard the Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail gives good spring reverb, but alot of reviews have said that the sound really sucks when you use it in line with other pedals.

I don't use many pedals. I would only be running it with a Boss tuner and a Fulltone FD2.

Do you think I'd have a problem there? :banana

2. SonicVI

SonicVI Member

I think you might have a problem wiht your amp.

3. booj

booj Member

I've got a Holy Grail. I use it with 9 other pedals with zero problems. It uses a lot of current, so the power supply that comes with it is a must.
    It woud be cheaper, though, just to get your amp fixed IMHO.
    Blues Jr.s are great amps!

4. 12guitdown

12guitdown Member

+1 on the above. The HG has been one of my many pedals for quite some time. No probs whatsoever.

5. bloodlemons

bloodlemons Member

I really liked my Holy Grail in the effects loop, where it was nice and subtle and natural sounding. In front of the amp I felt like it was a bit more intense and artificial sounding. But great pedal overall. I recommend it, especially if you have an effects loop.

6. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

Funny. I got a Holy Grail because the reverb on my Blues Jr. failed too. I've used the HG with a FDII into the Blues Jr. and it's fine. Actually sounds better than the BJ reverb. Go for it.