1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

help with floyd

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by mrkbrks, May 23, 2011.

1. mrkbrks

mrkbrks Member

I just ordered a guitar with a Floyd intending to get a Morpheus drop tune. After reading reviews of the morpheus I am probably going to send the guitar back. Anything else that would make it easy to change the tunings of a Floyd? Thanks.

2. cardinal

cardinal Member

You could block it completely, get a tremol-no, or get one of those trem-stopper things. But if you're wanting to change tunings a bunch, a Floyd just probably isn't for you.

3. Full Monty

Full Monty Member

It's never easy with a Floyd. Apart from blocking it off (which defeats the object of having one really) the only thing you can do is set it flat and only use it for down-bends. I believe this is what Eddie Van Halen does and why his D-Tuner works for him.