Help with G&L Comanche fret width Please?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by Denny, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Denny

Denny Member

I'm installing a Buzz Feiten system on a new G&L Comanche and I need the fret width. Unfortunately, because this guitar has a maple fingerboard, the finish is going up around the bottom og the fret so i can't get an accurate measurement. Can someone with a rosewood or ebony board (and the widest frets G&L uses) and a good set of calipers please measure the fret width and email me with it ASAP? I called G&L and they said they were 6100 frets and were .112. Well - that measurement is wrong. Thanks for your help.

Remember to keep me in mind for your next fret job. :eek:)

Denny

2. tonezoneonline

tonezoneonline Member

Their website shows the 6100 wire as being .11" wide.Why is it wrong?

3. wilder

wilder Member

4. Denny

Denny Member

I stand corrected (I think) Thanks for your replies. The reason I thought that was the wrong measurement was that I thought they used something OTHER than Dunlap Frets on my guitar, (because I requested the biggest frets available) but they just used the standard 6100's. Thanks again everyone.

D

5. DualRectifier

DualRectifier Silver Supporting Member

My Legacy Special has 6100's, which are standard on all G&Ls except for the Fullerton Signature model, which has 6230's. All Dunlop.