1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Help with G&L Comanche fret width Please?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by Denny, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Denny

Denny Member

I'm installing a Buzz Feiten system on a new G&L Comanche and I need the fret width. Unfortunately, because this guitar has a maple fingerboard, the finish is going up around the bottom og the fret so i can't get an accurate measurement. Can someone with a rosewood or ebony board (and the widest frets G&L uses) and a good set of calipers please measure the fret width and email me with it ASAP? I called G&L and they said they were 6100 frets and were .112. Well - that measurement is wrong. Thanks for your help.

Remember to keep me in mind for your next fret job. :eek:)

Denny

2. tonezoneonline

tonezoneonline Member

Their website shows the 6100 wire as being .11" wide.Why is it wrong?

3. wilder

wilder Member

4. Denny

Denny Member

I stand corrected (I think) Thanks for your replies. The reason I thought that was the wrong measurement was that I thought they used something OTHER than Dunlap Frets on my guitar, (because I requested the biggest frets available) but they just used the standard 6100's. Thanks again everyone.

D

5. DualRectifier

DualRectifier Silver Supporting Member

My Legacy Special has 6100's, which are standard on all G&Ls except for the Fullerton Signature model, which has 6230's. All Dunlop.