Help with guitar value

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by sgs, May 12, 2008.

1. sgs

sgs Member

Hey ya'll

I've got a 1991 PRS Electric that I'm trying to figure out its worth. It's a bit rare in that it has a maple fretboard. Electric blue, 24 fret, 5way rotary. The guitar has alot of nicks, dings, finish worn on back of neck. She's a player, not a looker. But boy does she play! Frets have been dressed recently. Anyhow, most of the Prs' I see on the emporium have been babied, of have fancy tops, so I'm having a hard time with the value. Was hoping someone might help me with this. Thanks!

Scott

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/sgs2008/?action=view&current=prscef2.jpg

2. sgs

sgs Member

3. treeofpain

treeofpain Silver Supporting Member

If it is a bolt-on, it is a CE Standard model. One in average condition is probably worth around $800.

4. sgs

sgs Member

Yep, it's a bolt neck. But before he designated them as CE's on the gtr. itself. Hmmm... thought my 'vintage, naturally relic'd' PRS might bring me more :) Thanks...

5. franksguitar

franksguitar Member

A bluebook CE24 of that vintage for mint is $1500 and 25% add'l for that vintage in mint condition they go down as low as $695 in poor shape and in between based on condition. The $800 mentioned sounds close. The maple fretboard is kind of unusual.

6. sgs

sgs Member

Thanks Frank...

7. treeofpain

treeofpain Silver Supporting Member

The CE's do have a wide value range, mainly because you could get one with a very nice flamed maple top, a plain top, or an opaque finish like this one. The opaque finishes were the least expensive option becuase they didn't require pretty or clear wood to be used.

8. sleepingtiger

sleepingtiger Supporting Member

Check on Birds and Moons, they'll know! I'd guess $800-1000.

Tony