HELP With my AMP decision....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jmanns, Jan 31, 2012.

1. jmanns

jmanns Member

I'm looking for an amp that will be best for me. I will be using pedals from a Compressor, Wah, Dirt, Delays, ect...
    I will be playing Country to Southern Rock to Alternative. My main Guitars will be Tele B-bender,Strat,Les Paul. I am willing to spend up to 1500. on one.
    My main amp right now is a Fender Black Face. Nothing wrong with it just wanting to up grade my RIG...

Any help "suggestions" would be great.

2. tdarian

tdarian Gold Supporting Member

If you can stretch out to about $1900.00, I can safely suggest that you take a very good look at the Redplate Amps CD Special. It is Chuck D'Aloia's signature amp. The following video:
    http://www.premierguitar.com/Video/20111109/1697/LA_Amp_Show_11_Red_Plate_Amps_Kirk_Fletcher_Signature_Amp_Chuck_D_Aloia_Signature_Amp_Demos.aspx
    begins with a good overview of redplate and some cool playing by Pete Anderson, and then you get to hear Chuck walk you through his amp..I've never heard a more pure musical tone from any amplifier. I think your specs are fully met with this amp. http://redplateamps.com/Main_web_page2_htm.php

Edit: Want a twist on something like this...contact Henry at Redplate and call an audible. These smaller box amps do not sound small. The bigger ones dont, either.

3. jmanns

jmanns Member

I kinda would like to head in a new area. Away from Fender style sound. but thanks for the link it gives me something to think about.

4. earthmud

earthmud Supporting Member

Check out my review of the Shaw Fulltilt 30. They are 1650$ for the 30 and 1250$ for the 18. I play in a altcountry band. I mainly use Tele's and a few pedals and this amp is just flawless for this platform. Completely handwired. Great value and tone.

5. frquent flyer

frquent flyer Member

Redplates sure look great these days. I like my Victorias.

6. Teleman

Teleman Supporting Member

I play the same music that you mentioned and for me it is hard to beat a Dr. Z MAZ 38.
    EL84's so it is different than your Fender BF. Takes pedals like a champ and the master volume works extremely well. Highly recommended!
    You can easily find a used one in your budget.

7. Kitten Cannon

Kitten Cannon Member

Sounds like you need a Matchless or a Bad Cat.

8. mrkbrks

mrkbrks Member

Genz Benz Black Pearl