Help with Pedal board

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jacob.seads, Feb 2, 2012.

1. jacob.seads

jacob.seads Member

Hello everyone. I've been playing for about a year now and I've just picked up pedals at random whenever I found a good deal/trade. Would love some tips on pedal arrangement, which pedals to scrap, what (affordable) pedals I should get, etc...

*Rapco ABY > PolyTune
    *Rapco ABY / BBE Compressor/ Trex Overdrive / Trex Distortion/ MXR commande overdrive / Gigfx Megawah/ Ts-9/ Visual Sound overdrive / Russian Big Muff (v7) / Phase 90 / DOD Chorus / Boss DD-7 (with tap tempo out) / Line 6 DL4 (modded) into a Vox AC30

Then sitting around I have Big muff / Roland Phase 2 / Line 6 pocket pod

[​IMG]

2. ZeroChan

ZeroChan Member

I would put the distortions at the end of the dirt chain, maybe one OD as a boost after for solos.

Also, wah before comp and dirt.

Now the trial and error phase for which dirt pedal stays begins. (The best part)

Modulations looks like it's in order. Try putting the phaser before dirt too, you might like it.

3. jacob.seads

jacob.seads Member

I set it up with some dirt before and after the wah because of the different sounds, but i'm not really sure what I like more. So should I go wah/comp/dirt? or wah/dirt/comp?

Right now i've got 6 dirt pedals, I'm hoping to keep the Russian, but sell most of the OD and get some more quality dirt pedals.

4. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

While I understand the need to look for advice......don't ever forget to use your own ears too. Pedals can lead you on a very fun journey towards tone.....or end up being your worst enemy!

5. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

What guitar, amp and style of music?

6. jacob.seads

jacob.seads Member

Epiphone Dot and MIM Strat

Vox ac30

I play a variety of rock, pop, Priase & worship, alternative music, indie, country, etc..