• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Help with Pedal board

jacob.seads

Hello everyone. I've been playing for about a year now and I've just picked up pedals at random whenever I found a good deal/trade. Would love some tips on pedal arrangement, which pedals to scrap, what (affordable) pedals I should get, etc...

*Rapco ABY > PolyTune
*Rapco ABY / BBE Compressor/ Trex Overdrive / Trex Distortion/ MXR commande overdrive / Gigfx Megawah/ Ts-9/ Visual Sound overdrive / Russian Big Muff (v7) / Phase 90 / DOD Chorus / Boss DD-7 (with tap tempo out) / Line 6 DL4 (modded) into a Vox AC30

Then sitting around I have Big muff / Roland Phase 2 / Line 6 pocket pod

ZeroChan

I would put the distortions at the end of the dirt chain, maybe one OD as a boost after for solos.

Also, wah before comp and dirt.

Now the trial and error phase for which dirt pedal stays begins. (The best part)

Modulations looks like it's in order. Try putting the phaser before dirt too, you might like it.

jacob.seads

I would put the distortions at the end of the dirt chain, maybe one OD as a boost after for solos.

Also, wah before comp and dirt.

Now the trial and error phase for which dirt pedal stays begins. (The best part)

I set it up with some dirt before and after the wah because of the different sounds, but i'm not really sure what I like more. So should I go wah/comp/dirt? or wah/dirt/comp?

Right now i've got 6 dirt pedals, I'm hoping to keep the Russian, but sell most of the OD and get some more quality dirt pedals.

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
While I understand the need to look for advice......don't ever forget to use your own ears too. Pedals can lead you on a very fun journey towards tone.....or end up being your worst enemy!