1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Help with "Pigtailed ,or split" speaker cables to use 2 4x12's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by musicman13, Apr 20, 2008.

1. musicman13

musicman13 Member

Hi guys,
    I once had a DR Z 45, with 2 Z-Best 2x12 cabs. There was a cable that was "pigtailed, or split, that allowed me to run both cab(16 ohm) i believe into a single 8 ohm speaker input. Where in the world do I find these cables, and does it hurt, as long as the cabs are the same ohms??

2. cranqued

cranqued Gold Supporting Member

3. musicman13

musicman13 Member

Thanks cranqued . I searched everywhere for one of these.

4. Crikey

Crikey Member

Nice find. I like the use of the right-angle plug at the amplifier end; that could fit well in some tight spots.

Ted Weber offers a parallel speaker y-cable with a straight plug at the amp end. Check out the listing for "Y-Cable" here:
    https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/acc.htm

Crikey

5. zzmoore

zzmoore Member

Can't you just parallel the two cabs into the amp?

6. cranqued

cranqued Gold Supporting Member

Some combos (like a Carr Vincent) have only one speaker jack, so you need the pigtail cable.

7. doctorx

doctorx Member

You could also build a little box with three jacks in parallel. They are handy to have around.