• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Help with sound isolation/deadening

I had to move my office/music room to a den-type room in my house since my youngest daughter is now ready for her own room. The way the den is configured in my house, it's actually part of one large rectangular space that has the den, dining/nook, and kitchen with no walls separating each room. The ceiling is 10' high and the floor is tile through the entire space. The den has a walkway (a doorway with no door) to the actual living room and staircase that goes upstairs. The problem is that, even when I play with headphones, the acoustic sound travels throughout the house and disturbs the rest of the family (I usually play at night). I'm trying to find the best way to isolate the sound to the den without having to build a wall to enclose the room (<-this was my first choice, but the wife wasn't having it). I almost need to put an office cubicle in that room to help isolate the sound..... and the fabric wall would help cut down on the acoustic noise..... and the walls would keep my kids away from my gear.... I think I just solved my problem while typing this :D

Seriously though, any suggestions are appreciated.

Structo

Other than throwing up a stud wall I'm not sure what else you could do.

The problem is the tile floor. You probably don't want to drive nails or screws through it.

Other than throwing up a stud wall I'm not sure what else you could do.

The problem is the tile floor. You probably don't want to drive nails or screws through it.
I don't really care about the floors, I've always modified my homes to suit my needs. My wife, on the other hand, isn't so adventurous.

There is a big bright light at the end of this tunnel - I'm building a music room (aka music shed) outside the house. So I get a sound-proof music space and a place to retreat from family and visitors (read "inlaws"). I am so stoked :D

meterman

IThere is a big bright light at the end of this tunnel - I'm building a music room (aka music shed) outside the house. So I get a sound-proof music space and a place to retreat from family and visitors (read "inlaws"). I am so stoked :D
That's my goal too! But I mentioned this to my girlfriend the other day and her response was, Then I'll never get to see you!! :jo :D

Trending Topics