• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Help with Taylor acoustic

blong

Silver Supporting Member
Hi, all,

I have a buddy that has a Taylor Doyle Dykes. I am setting it up but the action is quite high. The bridge is made of six independent piezo pieces so I can't shave the saddle.

Do I need to send it to Taylor to have the neck shim replaced? Can this be done by me? What do you recommend?

Thanks,

Bob

jcotten

I'd suggest calling Taylor's Customer Service folks. They're tops, and you can trust what they say more than you can what I might guess at. :D

jcotten

blong

Silver Supporting Member
jcotten,

Thanks for the info. I did contact them. Customer service is top notch there. They are sending me the video and the shims for the neck for free. I explained I am a reasonably experienced repair tech and they said they'd just send the stuff and I could do it.

I was wondering, are you the jcotten I contacted several years ago after promising to give you first shot at my Richard Cotten 612? I sold it to the guy you put me in touch with and he loves it.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion,

Bob Long

Trending Topics