help with tube swapping edt 13/29

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by snoggin, Jun 20, 2008.

1. snoggin

snoggin Member

I have some nos tubes I thought I would try ou tin the edt but I am not sure which is V1 which I am told is the best place to start..

The edt looks like it has 4 12ax7 tubes and I am not sure which end would be v1.. anyone here know or do I need pics.

I just notices it has speaker outs for 4,8, and 16 ohms under there which is pretty cool.. I may try it into my bogner 4x12 with v30's and the ultimate attenuator and see how that sounds at rehearsal tonite

2. doublee

doublee Member

In a Fender at least, V1 is the tube furthest away from the power tubes.

3. snoggin

snoggin Member

Well I guess I could try that one first as thats my intuition also... anyone know.. Once I was told its the one nearest the power supply but the cord at least is on the other end of the chassis so I dont kknow if that applies

4. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

Sterling, VA (not far from Washington DC)
    The tube numbering could be different than typical. The one you want to try is the one closest to the guitar input jack and usually the furthest from the power tubes and power supply.

5. snoggin

snoggin Member

This scenario makes the most sense and coincides with the arrangement I see in the amp.. I shall report back:JAM