1. snoopy1@isoc.ne

snoopy1@isoc.ne Silver Supporting Member

Howdy
    Here it is. I have a Splawn QR with a big humm on the over drive ch. I put new tubes in it hopeing to fix it . but with my luck it is still there. I have top guitars all of them still humm even when there isnt anything pluged in. whats up with that. Thanks Mike

2. wilder

wilder Member

A couple of ideas: Try the amp at another location to determine if it's environmental. Are there any flourescent lights in the room? Is there a ceiling fan? Turn off everything else to eliminate the possiblility of interference. Of course you may have already done all this, but it was worth a mention.

Chris

3. Richard Guy

Richard Guy Member

Turn off your TV too ;)

4. TheAmpNerd

TheAmpNerd Member

Oh and don't forget, can't be playing
    on your kids lego cam either!

The things some parents will do for
    fame and fortune.

5. Richard Guy

Richard Guy Member

The Lego-cam with built-in microphone is my secret recording tool. It makes whatever it detects sound like money. The folks at the RIAA were quite impressed with the detail and complexity captured of even simple passages, not to mention Arthur Fielder's closet use of the Lego-cam in his prime. This rare device was also quite popular at Electric Ladyland. Jimi used it between his Fuzz-face and Uni-Vibe. It has become the 'Holy-Grail' of modern music and composition. I've only seen one on eBay over the last eight years. I am hoping that someone comes up with a clone so that everyone can share in the magic of this truly innovative device.

6. TheAmpNerd

TheAmpNerd Member

Holy Smokes Rich,

I had know Idea.

and

Holy-Grails
    better not let the limies in on it
    the've been searching for it I hear.

7. Richard Guy

Richard Guy Member

Yes, the Holy Grail. We can all stop looking for it. What a pain in the ass it's been! Sorry to report but the Brits did find it. Here is a pic of the Explorer showing it to the BBC. If only another Lego-cam could be found so easily.

http://www.soccernet.com/images/PH.1/AlexFerguson_Getty.jpg

vier bier bitte