Helping a TGP brother/ Lentz content

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by fishleehooker, Jul 8, 2017.

1. desertrat07

desertrat07 Supporting Member

2. Peanut73

Peanut73 Supporting Member

All: I am currently selling a Lentz Croyden guitar in the Emporium. I am willing to donate $150 of my sales proceeds to Pete's fund. This is in addition to my already tendered donation. See the below sale ad in case you are interested in a Croyden and helping Pete at the same time. If this is not appropriate per any forum rules, I will remove this comment. I am simply trying to bolster donations.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/lentz-croyden.1855185/

3. chinstrap

chinstrap Member

I tried to call the Scott's a couple of times, didn't leave a message....just tried to donate on gofundme and it says Marc needs to contact them, there's some technical glitch with the site...FYI...

4. fishleehooker

fishleehooker Supporting Member

I think I am ironing it out....Gofundme is wanting to know where to release the money and I want it to go to Lentz, so I am gonna iron that out a bit later today. (Lentz being in Cali, its 6am as I type this). Thanks for the heads-up and a thanks to you wanting to help too!

5. artguy47

artguy47 Ol' CuRmUGeOn

Just tried it again, but still not working...

Might just take some funds with me, next time we get together.

6. artguy47

artguy47 Ol' CuRmUGeOn

Fishlee: Think you are doing an outstanding job, with your efforts to get Gofundme up and running for Pete. Sorry you are having such issues with it.

Do appreciate the fact that you have taken it upon yourself, and are donating your time and energy for this effort. KUDOS!!!

Not everyone has the Lentz family living close by, like myself. So feel it will enable and encourage many more to participate.

7. fishleehooker

This is so weird....it tells me to have a benefactor or recipient by the 26th or no one can contribute, yet you can't contribute? I am getting mixed signals from them. I will get it straight though and thanks a ton for the kind words!! I'm gonna call Gofundme tomorrow to get it all really straight.

8. chinstrap

chinstrap Member

The site lets me sign up and enter my info, then when I hit the contribute button it wipes the page and asks me to re-enter my info again. Once I got a prompt saying they had some tech issues so I posted about it. No worries, I get busy and didn't want to let it slip. Thank you for taking all this on brother, your time and energy is certainly appreciated as Art said (sometimes being a good guy isn't easy)....but the world needs more of it....If the site keeps being a pain, let me know, I'll send you the scratch or whatever works.

fishleehooker likes this.
  9. suckamc

suckamc Supporting Member

If anyone would like 2 months of Skype lessons at $75/month (down from $100/month), the $150 will go straight to the Pete Guitar Fund...of America...or whatever we're calling it. We will go over some very cool stuff. I'll show you the SPECIAL stuff, not the total crap I show everyone else! :) If you'd like to find out why I've got a good number of Skype students, I can provide references. Just don't do this INSTEAD OF the donation you were already gonna make :).

PM me.

Jaya and fishleehooker like this.
  10. fishleehooker

Damn....I may have to get some from you sometime. You got some skills. :JAM

11. fishleehooker

Thanks a ton man!!

I'm gonna call them tomorrow. Talk to someone and get it sorted. Very strange it tells me I have till the 26th to put in the info for the money to go to Lentz, yet its giving you guys a different story. That means I need a real person to sort it out:)

12. fishleehooker

Never a bad time going to the Lentz boys' shop I bet!

13. suckamc

suckamc Supporting Member

I should probably put that in another forum, since the followers of this thread have probably already given their donations.

14. chinstrap

chinstrap Member

guacamole sent to the Lentz boys today via PayPal gift....

fishleehooker and Gilky like this.
  15. fishleehooker

Mmmmmm....guacamole. :)

16. artguy47

artguy47 Ol' CuRmUGeOn

Yep! There is usually something interesting (old!) that is being worked on, not to mention their great guitars. Plus we can talk for hours...;-)!

Re-Found the thread, but, guess the donation site is still not working?

17. fishleehooker

It's all fixed now. I think the problem was that Gofundme is not a bank or an account, so after 30 days it wants to give me or someone the money. Thats all taken care of now, and I just saw a contribution come through, so we are back in business! Thanks to all that have or will contribute to this. I'll update the total tonight. :)

18. Stevo57

Stevo57 Supporting Member

Giving this thread a bump. Going to take Mark up on his offer.

19. fishleehooker

We are up to $1640 on Gofundme, plus a thousand or so sent to Lentz....I'll get that number later today or tomorrow. No too bad. Thanks to anyone that has contributed!

Gilky likes this.
  20. plerman

plerman Supporting Member

Just added a few bucks on GoFundMe, which seems to be working perfectly.

As I wrote there:

I know Pete thru TGP (I'm the current, and permanent, owner of "Chip", bought from Pete). Chip and I wish we could donate more and we wish Pete all the best. A new Lentz just might be the best medicine! Fine reflection on TGP that so many have contributed!

Confident that Scott Sr & Jr will build the perfect Pete-guitar and hope that it will be finished soon. Really great that TGP has stepped up like this!!!!!

Tramp and fishleehooker like this.