HELPPPP Matchless/Celestion Speaker Emergency

hdiddy

Silver Supporting Member
So I decided to down size on combos, I was taking the speakers out of my 1994 Matchless DC30 and one was stuck, so I was going around the surrond felt it loosen, then I pulled and ripped the speaker UGH!!!!!!!!

I know at the time the speakers were mismatched so I dont know which one I ruined? The only numbers on the speaker were 6402 and had cork on the surrond of the speaker.

I want this reconed and want to knowwho can do it in a similiar way that matchless treated their speakers. HELPPPPPP

Rik if you are out there? Anyone ? Also need to go the best place to fix this

riffmeister

In the 94 DC30, they were using a G12M and V30. The V30 has the larger/heavier magnet (left speaker).

6AM

Hope that you broke then Greenback because the modded V30's are hard to find.

wreckboy

Silver Supporting Member
So I decided to down size on combos, I was taking the speakers out of my 1994 Matchless DC30 and one was stuck, so I was going around the surrond felt it loosen, then I pulled and ripped the speaker UGH!!!!!!!!

I know at the time the speakers were mismatched so I dont know which one I ruined? The only numbers on the speaker were 6402 and had cork on the surrond of the speaker.

I want this reconed and want to knowwho can do it in a similiar way that matchless treated their speakers. HELPPPPPP

Rik if you are out there? Anyone ? Also need to go the best place to fix this
The 6402 cone would indicate the smaller magnet Greenback Celestion.
A pic of the damage could lead to some advice.....and /or calll Matchless.

mild

10 bucks to the dollar says Matchless will help you out on this one. Class act company right thurr. Good luck!

MT Buckaroo

Gold Supporting Member
@riffmeister - if that is your amp above, how come the impedence selector switch is set at 8 ohms? Aren't those two on-board 8ohm speakers wired in parallel for a 4 ohm load (hence the "4" sticker on the baffle)?

Good luck OP.

hdiddy

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks guys
Actually a small piece came of the cone , so it definetly needs a recone. I know that the speakers were treated with acetone intially, I was wondering if anyone does that now?

riffmeister

MTB, yes, 4 Ohm. I had the amp in an SC30 cab (8 Ohm) and when I snapped this pic I had just mounted the chassis in the DC30 cab.

Trending Topics