Hendrix 9 to the Universe

Lolaviola

Silver Supporting Member
Been listening to 9 to the Universe (LP only AFAIK) and like the tone. Anyone have any info on the type of fuzz and FX used? Silicon Fuzzface?

Last edited:

huskerjohn

It's been a long time since I listened to this record, but I played it a bunch back in the day. I'd say silicon fuzz, but a good GE fuzz and an OD could cover a lot of this ground.

I'm gonna have to pull out that old album now. A lot of nice tunes to jam to on it!

FF71

Here's one Hendrix track that I've been searching for years. :(

Why is this track still unreleased on cd?

huskerjohn

9 to the Universe:

JHNineUni.jpg

Kind of scratchy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaMzxo7GB-M

I love this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhBMntUekA4

drolling

Nice clips!

That second one sounds like a mixture of Dolly Dagger & at least one tune from the Band of Gypsys..

I was 15 when he died, and wore a black armband to hi-school the next day.

Thought I'd heard every crappy bootleg/scratch demo/whatever, but those 2 were new to me

THANKS!!

huskerjohn

I guess I was 11 or so when he passed away. I didn't discover Jimi until I was about 14 or so and man was I hooked from the first time I listened to him. :JAM

Lolaviola

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, you are right. It is called "Hear My Music."
This insightful 11-song release features "Slow Version," "Ezy Ryder/Star Spangled Banner," "Jam 292," "Trash Man," "Message To Love," "Gypsy Blood," two versions of "Valleys Of Neptune" including a solo electric guitar rendition and a piano solo, "Blues Jam At Olympic," plus the original unedited versions of "Drone Blue" and "Jimi/Jimmy Jam" from the long out-of-print 1980 release Nine To The Universe. Hear My Music marks the first time these recordings have ever been released in their original unedited format.

I really enjoy the "Baggy's Rehearsal" from Dagger Records.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom