• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Hendrix 9 to the Universe

Lolaviola

Silver Supporting Member
Been listening to 9 to the Universe (LP only AFAIK) and like the tone. Anyone have any info on the type of fuzz and FX used? Silicon Fuzzface?

Last edited:

huskerjohn

It's been a long time since I listened to this record, but I played it a bunch back in the day. I'd say silicon fuzz, but a good GE fuzz and an OD could cover a lot of this ground.

I'm gonna have to pull out that old album now. A lot of nice tunes to jam to on it!

FF71

Silver Supporting Member
Here's one Hendrix track that I've been searching for years. :(

Why is this track still unreleased on cd?

drolling

Nice clips!

That second one sounds like a mixture of Dolly Dagger & at least one tune from the Band of Gypsys..

I was 15 when he died, and wore a black armband to hi-school the next day.

Thought I'd heard every crappy bootleg/scratch demo/whatever, but those 2 were new to me

THANKS!!

huskerjohn

I guess I was 11 or so when he passed away. I didn't discover Jimi until I was about 14 or so and man was I hooked from the first time I listened to him. :JAM

Lolaviola

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, you are right. It is called "Hear My Music."
This insightful 11-song release features "Slow Version," "Ezy Ryder/Star Spangled Banner," "Jam 292," "Trash Man," "Message To Love," "Gypsy Blood," two versions of "Valleys Of Neptune" including a solo electric guitar rendition and a piano solo, "Blues Jam At Olympic," plus the original unedited versions of "Drone Blue" and "Jimi/Jimmy Jam" from the long out-of-print 1980 release Nine To The Universe. Hear My Music marks the first time these recordings have ever been released in their original unedited format.
I really enjoy the "Baggy's Rehearsal" from Dagger Records.

Trending Topics