1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Hendrix Fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wishbon7, Jan 3, 2006.

1. wishbon7

wishbon7 Member

Who makes the best Hendrix Sounding Fuzz. Fulltone, Analogman, etc.?

2. tWreCK

tWreCK Member

3. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

I really like my Analogman Sundial NKT-275 for "Hendrix stuff"...very thick sounding fuzz face clone.

4. jonny guitar

jonny guitar Member

Depends on which Hendrix fuzz sound you want. Early Hendrix is germanium and easily achieved with the NKT-275; later Hendrix is silicon and I would recommend the new Foxrox Hot Silicon Fuzz Pedal.

5. jero

jero Member

bjf ppf :)

geez i really start repeating myself...:BluesBros

(and i love these new icons :NUTS)

6. CocoTone

CocoTone Senior Member

7. Teahead

Teahead Member

Couldn't agree more!

Although I might add that the amp is very important too. You can't plug either of those fuzz face clones into a clean Fender and expect to get the glorious mid tones of Jimi's Marshall. Best to have a good, cranked Brit sounding tube amp to start with.

8. michael patrick

michael patrick Supporting Member

+1 The amp, and cranking of said amp, are both important pieces of the Jimi tone puzzle, IMHO.

9. retro

retro Member

10. EXP

EXP Supporting Member

im interested in this one, i just got a Karl but want another fuzztone.

11. wishbon7

wishbon7 Member

I'm lookin for more of the early Hendrix Fuzz tones:JAM

12. retro

retro Member

I think all of the suggestions here are pretty spot on for vintage early Hendrix type fuzz boxes.
    The good news and bad news I think, is that there are many good vintage Arbiter type fuzz boxes to chose from these days.
    I would think considering Roger Mayers history with Jimi, his pedals should get you close also. ??
    The way I percieved it when I was looking, (and I was looking to cop Jimi also), was since there were many to chose from, I started looking at features and versatility.

13. jgyn

jgyn Member

I like my Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz.
    I also like my blue Dallas Arbiter silicon face, and; for germanium sounds, the Euthymia Crucible GE.

I notice that my Strats with stock, weaker pickups sound closer to Hendrix with my pedals and Marshall amps.