Hendrix Tone. Pickup Content.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by redplexi, May 21, 2006.

1. redplexi

redplexi Member

Does anyone know if there are Pickup Companies out there that do a Reverse Wind and Reverse Pole piece Pickup.
    Hendrix Played Right Handed Guitars up-side down, therefore the Pole Pieces were reversed.

Anyone have any Experience with This?

2. Alex Law

Alex Law Member

I've had a Strat (Olympic White, maple fingerboard, duh! :D) with Lindy Fralin "Woodstock '69" pickups for about three years now - that are configured as you described. I don't think I've ever seen them on his website, although I haven't checked recently - but they are available. I like them a lot. A different flavour to the Vintage Hots for sure.

3. redplexi

redplexi Member

Thanks. Very Cool. I have Fralins in all of my RI Strats. I'll drop him a Line Tomorrow.

4. highfidelity66

highfidelity66 Supporting Member

check out chubtone pickups. he makes them reversed so you can drop them into your normal strat... they sound awesome!

5. DK207

DK207 Member

6. AnthonySteele

AnthonySteele ToneFreak Supporting Member

These are on Lindys web site and they are great. I played a set of them a friend of mine has. Also, Jimi played alot of different strats, which one tone do you like?

7. muddy

muddy Member

if you delve a bit further on chris' site (kinman), you'll find a statement regarding the reverse stagger that happened with jimi's righty-restrung strats that i whole-heartedly agree with; and that is jimi sounded like jimi despite the reverse stagger. he was just making do with something (like the restricted upper-fret access), and simply sounded so good irregardless of any impediments caused by turning his guitars upside-down, because he was such a great player.

ml

8. redplexi

redplexi Member

Personally I Like the "Band of Gypsies" Tone the Best.

9. jgyn

jgyn Member

I have one of Fender Tribute Strats which is a left hand Strat strung righty. I also have several right handed Strats, with stock pickups. I don't hear much difference, myself.

10. bjm007

bjm007 Member

Maricela Juarez (MJ) in the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop can do that for you. She does amazing work IMO......