Hendrix Tune

Pythonman

This is something I did on my portable digital 8trk Tascam. Since I did all the instruments myself I used one of the tracks as a click by recording the actual Hendrix piece (which you can't hear BTW) and then I think I got the guitar part down in three takes and the drums, sloppy as they are in about 25 (!) takes. The bass was done in four or five takes the day after I purchased my first bass, which is a nice fiesta red Squire Classic Vibe P Bass. The guitar is a Fender Road Worn Tele with a huge Lindy Fralin neck and Fender Custom shop pickups rewound by Wolfetone. Amp is a JCM 800 2204 and I used a Fulltone Octafuzz and a ThroBak StoneBender on the guitar. Drums are my Ludwig Classic Maple Bonham kit in Green Sparkle.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11412047&q=hi&newref=1

t***9

Gold Supporting Member
Nicely done man, didn't expect that good of a guitar tone. Were the Octafuzz and Stonebender both on during the verses and the solo? Thanks for the big effort to make this clip!

Pythonman

Nicely done man, didn't expect that good of a guitar tone. Were the Octafuzz and Stonebender both on during the verses and the solo? Thanks for the big effort to make this clip!
Thanks!
The Stonebender was on all the time and the Octafuzz was kicked on for the solo and for the ending you can hear it kick in again at 2:15 and it stays on for the rest of the tune and the last bit of solo at the end. If I had it to do again, now that I actually do have a Strat, I'd skip the Stonebender and use a Fuzz Face, maybe even the new Dunlop blue Jimi Hendrix version. But yeah, the Telecaster did alright. I think it was neck pickup the whole tune.

Trending Topics