• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Henley's "Dirty Laundry"

gem

I don't know who did it but I think it is great and I would love to know how to get that cool sound. Just thought I would see if you folks had some info. Who did it? How would you describe that approach in proper musical terms? What effects etc.

Thanks.

rezidentura

From what I remember is it was a synth based song. Always thought the keyboard player was attempting some Joe Walsh slide on the keyboard which never really sounded right to me.

gem

I was really referring to the solo... I just did some research and (iirc) found out Joe Walsh did the first solo and Mr Lukather did the lead work I am curious about... that kind of cascading sheets of sound thingy. I think it is awesome... even w/ Lukes obligatory over the top w/ effects approach.

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
Maybe sinasl (pete thorn) will be on here and pipe in about it, since he recently toured with Mr. Henley.

azgolfer

Pretty sure Joe Walsh is the first solo and Lukather is the second. I think Lukather even rips Joe's signature diminished scale lick at one point.

russ6100

That "cascading" lick I think is similar to the one used in "Radioactive" by The Firm....one of those "shape" type licks....

buddastrat

Yeah that old dissonant exercise everybody used to do is in there. I remember lots of obnoxious echo on there, too much. But I love me some Henley. He's got some great solo tunes.

sinasl1

ya the 1st solo is walsh- it's like you start at the 12th fret E string and play root b5 octave, across the 6th 5th and 4th strings- then switch to the A string 12 th fret, repeat the same pattern, you should have it from there

It's a 1/8th note delay, 1 or 2 repeats at most, set about as loud as the dry guitar

I love playing that friggin song

Trending Topics

Top Bottom