Henman-Bevilacqua

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by KingBoneSlim, Mar 29, 2008.

1. KingBoneSlim

KingBoneSlim Member

Anyone play one. To know Cliff at DAG is to respect him and he has some nice things to say. Anyone????????????????????

2. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

I had one on order a while back, but had to cancel because I remembered I was on the list for another guitar, which I'm still on the list for, and will need every cent when it's done. That said, once I get said guitar, I'm starting to save up for an S2. They're just awsome. I've spoken with Scotty a few times on the phone, and via e-mail about them, and he's a GREAT guy... no pressure or anything. It's really cool what they do- they get you to send in a scan of your hand, and they build the neck based on that... I can't wait to get my hands on one- next NAMM I'd like to try one out. It's a pitty that they're not better know, but they are fairly new.

3. carson072

carson072 Member

They are a guitar I'd love to try out, the ones on Cliff's site are just incredible looking.

4. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

I played a couple at NAMM, and also had the pleasure of sitting next to David Henman at dinner on Saturday night. The guitars are very innovative, very cool, not at all traditional looking or sounding. A lot of attention to detail. I'd love to get the chance to do some more noodling on them.

5. Rusty G.

Rusty G. Member

How does the neck stack up to some of the other builders, say Koll, Baker, Lentz, etc.?

6. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

Well, given that one reason I buy boo-teek is so I can spec a huge neck, the neck on my Koll is probably the biggest I've ever played, and my Chapins come in tied for #2. Never played a Lentz, not sure I've ever played a Baker either.

The HB is much more modern feeling, so I'm probably not the best guy to ask. Certainly well made and shaped, but not my style or shape, in other words. Most normal people would love them, I think.

7. KingBoneSlim

KingBoneSlim Member

Wanna huge neck? Try a Baker XS and you got it. The XS is off the scale huge. Everything about the XS is huge. Just a monster of a guitar in every way. imho

8. Jerrod

Jerrod Silver Supporting Member

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

9. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

Last I heard,Heart's using them.They are the 'swiss army knife' of electrics,use WCR's(used by thousands,heard by millions)for pickups,were atNAMM,this year.They're excellent guitars,although a little pricey.

10. frisco kid

frisco kid Member

Is it true they have one set price for each model regardless of the options you select?

11. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

yes.
    There aren't really that many "options", though...
    Bigbsy or no bigsby. Solid color or transparent color. Pickups, though he uses mainly WCR. I think that's it.

12. Miles Long

Miles Long Member

Scotty is one of my best friends. He is a class act and Im thrilled to see the response his guitars are getting! :AOK

13. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Yeah, Scotty is probably the nicest "boutique" builder I've had the chance to speak to.

14. dayn

dayn Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

The Stress-Free neck design is cool...I wonder where he got that idea?

15. atquinn

atquinn Supporting Member

I'm assuming he got it from David Bunker.

-Austin