• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

here we go again....SG

rollyfoster

Silver Supporting Member
GAS
GAS
GAS
GAS
GAS

i'm at work and right now and there's a damn fine condition cherry red SG standard in my living room. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i'm "trying it out" at practice tonight to see if i want to make the purchase. i'm also tempted to call the guy right now and just tell him i'm taking it!

he wants 650 w/o a case. good price?

what would you do? GAS???????? GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gkoelling

$650 seems like a real nice price, don't those sell for about $300 more than that?

It sounds like a no-brainer but as long as you have it, play it first. It might be a turd.

rollyfoster

Silver Supporting Member
i played it on new years at a house party (through a marshall) and fell in love with it then. not sure if it was true love or bourbon love which is why i'm giving it another round through my own rig. i've been nipping his heels ever since and he's finally agreed to let go of it.

i did play it unplugged last night and had a good time. great neck and i love those vintage frets.

rollyfoster

Silver Supporting Member
i offered him 500 and he said he wants half of what he paid for it. he's not really a player so it's not a big deal to him, i guess. plus, he has 2 other guitars.

rollyfoster

Silver Supporting Member
and i'm also really considering wiring the pickups to the same volume pot and sticking a kill switch in there....

GAS!

CharAznable

Silver Supporting Member
If it's in fine condition, that's an EXCELLENT price, regardless of year.

I say go for it.

rollyfoster

Silver Supporting Member
finally got to try it out at practice last night. i really like it. i think the pickups may be a little too hot for my liking, though. it sounded RAWK through my sd18 but it drove a poor little deluxe to meltdown around 5.

so, i reckon i'm gonna keep it and start searching for some new pups.

ezyrydr

I just put some duncan 59s in my SG and I'm pretty happy with them. I play through tweed and the stock pickups just were too hot, way too hot. I even tried a burstbucker pro in the guitar and liked the 59s better.

Trending Topics