here we go again... what was #1 reason for Beatles Breakup?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by RichusRkr, Sep 9, 2019.

1. RichusRkr

RichusRkr Supporting Member

Sorry about this repeat thread guardians (I know this has been discussed many times before ad nauseum), but I just watched the Beatles Anthology again, I guess my interest in the group re-stirred after watching the movie "Yesterday".
    I know more than one factor was involved in the Beatles breaking up but what was the #1?
    Here's a list of ones I can think of:

1. John's obsession with Yoko Ono and bringing her into the studio.
    2. George's obsession with eastern religions.
    3. heavy drug use starting in mid '66, especially with John's reputed many hundreds of acid trips.
    4. The death of Brian Epstien in 67
    5. The stopping of touring in 66 after which they did not spend nearly as much time with each other and kind of caused them to lose focus as a performing band.
    6. the over the top insanity of the fans which allowed them no peace.
    7. the disagreement of who was going to lead or manage the band after Epstein's death.

Some might say that differences in musical directions but from what I observe this is not a factor.
    or some might say Paul's overbearing control of bands direction but that was only by default cause none of the others were stepping up to the plate and doing anything to keep it going. it almost seems as if Paul by sheer will was breathing artificial life into the Beatles from 67 on.
    my opinion is the the main reason for the break of the Beatles were the stopping of touring. They were conceived and thrived as a live band and when they stopped playing live they began to die.

2. Laurence

Laurence Silver Supporting Member

They got tired of it. They were tired of being in, and dealing with, Beatle business and keeping up the Beatles mystique. Power struggle between members driven by a management decision.

h-pr, ChampReverb, Abram4235 and 17 others like this.
  3. skronker

skronker 2010/2013/2015 S.C. Champions

really, who cares?
    no matter the reasoning and conjecture, all you've presented is an exercise in futility.

4. louderock

louderock Member

5. godotzilla

godotzilla Member

6. Rimbaud/Rambo

Rimbaud/Rambo Member

4 guys who met when they were young, bonded primarily by music, who achieved all the professional/musical success they ever wanted, grew older and starting prioritizing other things/people in their lives, as people tend to do.

Everything else may have been a topical point of contention (when you're stuck in a room with someone, you'll find *something* to argue about), but I'd guess that's^ the root of it.

7. Bluzeboy

Bluzeboy Member

8. Misterbulbous

Misterbulbous Supporting Member

really. The question that really needs to be asked is; "why did Creed break up?.

9. Plaid Sabbath

Plaid Sabbath Silver Supporting Member

Ringo's bass drum pedal was squeaky and George's pedals weren't true bypass.

10. GuitarGuy66

GuitarGuy66 Member

Lacklustre live sound production.

Papanate likes this.
  11. RichusRkr

the thread guardians took no time to pounce.... well what in life is not an exercise in futility? (As he works on his golf swing and his sweep picking he asks..)

12. RichusRkr

Comparing Creed to the Beatles is like comparing the Dumboken Little league Giants to the Boston Red Sox. both play baseball....

mlongano, beanbass and JPH118 like this.
  13. JPH118

JPH118 Member

Four dudes who spent WAYYY too much time together in less than a decade's span. That's all.

14. JPH118

JPH118 Member

You mean, "why did Creed ever happen?"

15. JPH118

JPH118 Member

George's guitar weighed too much, if only he'd asked the seller first...

16. Robert Libutti

Robert Libutti Member

17. kushman

kushman Member

i heard it's because their Ego's were waaay too big to all fit into the same room

milli vanilli, mikendzel and Papanate like this.
  18. RichusRkr

good article and to prove my suspicions heres a quote from the article.
    "For about three months, all four went their separate ways, and as they did, John Lennon felt sharp apprehensions: “I was thinking, ‘Well, this is the end, really. There’s no more touring. That means there’s going to be a blank space in the future…’ That’s when I really started considering life without the Beatles – what would it be? And that’s when the seed was planted that I had to somehow get out of [the Beatles]"

Wolfboy1 and supergenius365 like this.
  19. RichusRkr

"If Lennon didn’t pursue that outer life, he certainly pursued an inner one, taking LSD frequently, to the point that some worried he was erasing his identity. George Harrison later said, “In a way, like psychiatry, acid could undo a lot – it was so powerful you could just see. But I think we didn’t really realize the extent to which John was screwed up .” "

another quote from the article proves another one of my suspicions.. too many LSD trips for John.