here we go again... what was #1 reason for Beatles Breakup?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by RichusRkr, Sep 9, 2019.

1. drewl

drewl Member

Interesting if that is real.

All they needed was a break, take a couple years off and they probably would have worked as a band again.
    They almost did even after such a bad break up.

In the end Paul WAS right and went on to become one of the wealthiest musicians ever.

WWLaidback likes this.
  2. Dark Matter

Dark Matter Member

I will never understand the kind of person who takes the time to type a post telling others that the topic they are discussing isn't worthy of discussion. The irony of doing so -- not to mention just the incivility -- is seemingly lost on them. As I have said before, it's a bit like a guy in the stands at a baseball game telling everyone around him what a waste of time sports are. There are lots of topics here that don't interest me, to which I respond by.......not responding. Others are obviously interested, so that is all that matters.

In addition the the "this is pointless" crowd, there is the "we have already discussed this" crowd. Some of the old-timers love to show us all how over it they are, apparently unaware of the fact that just because THEY are done with a topic, others may still be interested. Confounding.

3. nolenuttt

nolenuttt Gold Supporting Member

4. Rockledge

Rockledge Member

You obviously don't have a clue. The Beatles never claimed to be arrangers and producers, and throughout recording history most artists did not act as their own arrangers and producers. With the exception of guys like Tod Rundgren, few rock era artists did.
    Are they all frauds? Are pop singers like Elton John frauds because they used guys like Gus Dudgeon and Paul Buckmaster to produce them?
    Rock artists didn't need to all be Brian Wilson or Steven Wilson.

Are the Eagles frauds because Bill Myxptlk and Glynn Johns produced them?
    Their albums plainly stated who produced them, and typically with rock era musicians the liner notes included everyone from the guy that took the album cover picture to the studio personnel.

Quite obviously producers and arrangers make or break artists, but that does not make artists frauds. I can't remember rock artists who tried to deceive the public by claiming to be their own producers/arrangers/engineers when they did not do those duties themselves.
    George Martin was a very talented producer and arranger. And he did indeed make what the Beatles could do better by his talent being involved. But he didn't write the songs or the music, he didn't play the instruments, and he didn't sing.

The Beatles never claimed to be producers or arrangers, and defrauded nobody. With the exception of Paul McCartney, who obviously has production and arranging skills, which he did not take credit for either in the Beatles, even though it is very likely his input was regarded by Mr Martin.

Get your facts straight so you aren't making absurd assumptions.

And pull out a dictionary and look up the word "fraud".

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  5. spencer096

spencer096 Member

6. tikiking

tikiking Supporting Member

Funny story:

There is an all star band in my town. Several lead singers and great musicians. They have been together for years. The singer for my band is a member but a bit of outsider as he doesn't play in any other other bands with the other musicians. I got called to sub on guitar the other night and on the first break my singer gets in an argument with the other lead singer and the guy packs up his guitar and leaves before the second set starts. We all joke that I broke up the band even though I had nothing to do with their argument.

However... I was thinking later maybe I did. My singer has always been out numbered in that band and maybe him having a real band mate with him changed the band dynamics. Maybe just my presence empowered him to challenge the other guy.

Perhaps John knew that Yoko would always have his back and that empowered John to stand up to the band and Paul, George and Ringo were thinking I don't have to take this crap, I am out of here.

stratohiker likes this.
  7. beanbass

beanbass Member

I never tire of talking about the Beatles.

Dark Matter, gmann and GenoVox like this.
  8. GenoVox

GenoVox Member

Again... McCartney was actually the LAST to leave, after the band had already effectively fallen apart – the only difference is, he was the only one to go PUBLIC with it (again, because he used it to help promote his 1st solo album)

These are the facts, and all 4 Beatles have described the same thing over the years – anything else is just purposely argumentative semantics, honestly...

9. GenoVox

GenoVox Member

Amen to that...

10. CrispyTone

CrispyTone Member

Bands like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Deep Purple, etc., Harder rock/early metal were coming out and the Beatles couldn't keep up with that with that style of music, and those bands were willing to play live in front of thousands of crazed fans and endorsed the groupie life style.

11. McGTR

McGTR Member

I think it was money. They had gathered enough dough and reputation to take a chance on solo careers.
    And they were right.

12. Juneaumike

Juneaumike Member

The problem with that premise is that these guys were always quitting and throwing temper tantrums and disappearing. So until someone actually nails their resignation letter to the outside of the studio door, it doesn't really count. McCartney's leaving didn't signal the end of the group, but his public statement set the dominoes in motion.

Gevalt likes this.
  13. Vishnu

Vishnu Member

You know, no matter how awful art is it will travel full circle and eventually be accepted and understood but not Ono,she is destined to be cr*p for eternity,unique in it's own way i suppose,props

and yes it was definitely George's love of eastern religion that broke the Beatles up

14. GenoVox

GenoVox Member

I'm just going by what the band members themselves have said.... but hey, what do they know :rolleyes:

15. bobcs71

bobcs71 Member

"The Beatles said all you need is love and then they broke up"
    - Larry Norman

Thumpalumpacus and Juneaumike like this.
  16. Fatherflot

Fatherflot Member

I'm still holding a grudge against John Lennon for breaking up Fluxxus.

17. Chris Scott

Chris Scott Member

10 pages?

...y'all must be r e a l l y bored. :D

18. Juneaumike

Juneaumike Member

Well, that is a very good point; what do they know? Not much when you get right down to it. There are times when the best thing you can do to arrive at the truth is to ignore what people say and instead watch what they do.

But if we are to take them at their word, then shouldn't we give Mark Lewinshon's new tape recording of a Beatles meeting held in September 1969 some weight as well. Remember, this is the month that their last album Abby Road has been released. (Let It Be came out later, but was recorded earlier and by all accounts Abby Road was a really happy experience for all involved.)

In the tape, which they made so that Ringo could hear the meeting while he was in the hospital, they are discussing getting together for another album and releasing a single. And they are planning on giving George an equal number of songs as the other two principal songwriters. In short, everyone is still in the band and planning the next project precisely at the same time as Beatles watchers have said the band should have been in the process of formally dissolving.

Gevalt likes this.
  19. leftygeetar

leftygeetar Member

For me it's "The death of Brian Epstien in 67", they tried to continue but it was going down.

20. Abram4235

Abram4235 Supporting Member

WTF