here we go again... what was #1 reason for Beatles Breakup?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by RichusRkr, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Sam Hill

Sam Hill Member

I recommend Tony Bramwell's book, written by a guy who was with them for their whole run (I won't spoil the ending for you):

Sean C. likes this.
  2. Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre Supporting Member

6. the over the top insanity of the fans which allowed them no peace.
    5. The stopping of touring in 66 after which they did not spend nearly as much time with each other and kind of caused them to lose focus as a performing band.
    1. John's obsession with Yoko Ono and bringing her into the studio.
    2. George's obsession with eastern religions.
    4. The death of Brian Epstien in 67
    7. the disagreement of who was going to lead or manage the band after Epstein's death.
    3. heavy drug use starting in mid '66, especially with John's reputed many hundreds of acid trips.

3. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

4. delac

delac Supporting Member

Not the f@c%in Beatles again...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Toby Krebs and Broken Diode like this.
  5. Madguitrst

Madguitrst Member

third stone from the sun, one step from the edge
    That would be enough to make me quit. :D

6. johnnyjj

johnnyjj Member

But there are reports (from Densmore, at least) that, given the departure of perfectionist producer Paul Rothchild after Morrison Hotel, and the band deciding to record in their rehearsal space, the LA Woman sessions were far more relaxed and creative as a result - with Morrison assuming greater responsibility unlike times past. Yes, he still went out, drank and got crazy with his drinking buddies, but that didn't happen in the studio as it had before. Certainly Morrison could not return to the circus of touring (particularly given the continuing fallout from Miami and the resulting hesitancy of promoters to book them), but his contributions to LA Woman indicate that, in the context of The Doors, he was still very much a serious creative force.

See the comments regarding Morrison during the recording of the album from Bruck Botnick, etc. in the following article:

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/doors-la-woman/

blackba likes this.
  7. EarleG

EarleG ® Silver Supporting Member

8. Stratofuzz

Stratofuzz Supporting Member

Just a guess...

They just no longer desired to keep being great.

I mean, everything was incredible. How long before you turn into a shadow of your former self?

Better to just walk away with the legacy intact.

Sean C. likes this.
  9. bertramladner

bertramladner Supporting Member

Your potential reasons are more info on the subject than I was aware of thanks!

10. Sean C.

Sean C. Member

I think deep down all four of them were tired of the road , tired of the studio, tired of each other, Good hearts just tired and wanting to settle down a bit. I think they did the best they could as long as they could together. That just my .02 as I don't know any of them but am a fan. 12 studio albums & subsequent tours is a work ethic and commitment to music that's rarely been duplicated.

Thumpalumpacus and Flatscan like this.
  11. Alan Dunn

Alan Dunn Member

I don't think the remaining three members ever got on with Paul McCartney's replacement.

MkIII Renegade likes this.
  12. wire-n-wood

wire-n-wood Member

Anyone who's ever been in a band knows... it takes conscious effort to hold a band together. When the band members are no longer willing to hold the band together, it breaks up.

Thumpalumpacus, Sean C. and Flatscan like this.
  13. wire-n-wood

wire-n-wood Member

Yes. And they'd matured. McCartney wanted to be the unrivaled band leader... he found that with Wings. Lennon wanted to follow his muse and be the song-writer, he found that in his solo career and partnership with Ono. Harrison wanted to chill. I love George. Ringo Star... I don't know what he wanted, but he seems to have found it - movies, albums, tours, interviews, never at anytime giving the impression that he might now be ready for a serious job. Good lord that dude hit the jackpot.

Bob Pollock likes this.
  14. Jaguar

Jaguar Member

Paul was farting all the time... in the beginning it was funny.. but the joke wore out.. John was fed up and left... it was inevitable.. (I mean IMAGINE..!!).

15. Sean C.

Sean C. Member

Ringo definitely fit I love the I wanna be your man mojo of him singing those cutting lines while popping out that nice beat. It wasn't as magical as Brian Wilson stepping up to the mic with his bass but still very cool and nailing something good. I get nostalgic over these old songs and bands. I often wonder/wish that Jimi Hendrix & Jim Morrison connected and maybe him become part of the doors instead of the Gypsy thing (total fantasy).I just feel they were two of the same feather & cloth. I know this is a Beatles thread but my mind usually goes in multiple directions at the same time. I do regard 12-8 as a horrible day for musical geniuses since both Lennon & Abbott were murdered on that date. I love John Lennon he had the heart, Paul had the soul, George had the mojo. And yeah.. Ringo had the luck LOL Theres no cooler guitar performance than his rooftop outing (George).His black tele & matching coat with teal pants and chuck Connors... That's just well you already know! Stylin' Well I guess Keith Richards in Tx 72 midnight rambler and Hendrix's sweeden in 69 are a three way tie imho

16. flyonthewall150

flyonthewall150 Supporting Member

Paul’s solo career is proof of that.

17. EndorphinMachine

EndorphinMachine Member

18. Richard Guy

Richard Guy Member

They just got tired of it all and each other, ,,,

19. Tony

Tony Supporting Member

"She Loves You, Man"

Matt Dillon likes this.