• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Here You Go, "Waiting" with B3 as Requested!!!!

Ok, I could not get the original thread to edit the title so I started a new thread with the "Waiting" + B3 (real B3) +drum stabs + keys. I am including both for comparison. I gave full creative licence on the keys and it seems to have lost that sense of space that I really liked. I think it may have to be scaled back a bit to get the feel back. Anyway here they are would like to get your feedback.

original http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=801755&songID=7251800

B3 and keys added http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=801755&songID=7383081

Your feedback is requested,.....

crzyfngers

it's kind of a toss up. the b3 pads are nice but the space is nice too. ok i'll commit. go with the space. there are 1 or 2 spots where your notes clash with the keys. not that either of you are wrong just different inversions i guess. space, yes, go with the space.

Carl_Tone

I'll throw in for the B3....sweet mellow and mixed just right....rounds it out nicely for me.

Nice knopflerish guitar.

You mixed the vocals so low it's hard to hear them now, but for the arrangement - I'd compromise. Keep the gospelly piano all the way through, but low, and only bring the B3 in on the "B" part of the verse so it builds up. But that's just me...

dougb415

I'm a keyboard player, mostly organ. That being said, bring the B-3 down in the mix, bring the vocals up and cut back on the reverb on the vocals.

Texsunburst59

Chris is LOVE this stuff. I could listen to and jam to this stuff all day. I think I told you before that you kinda have that soulful Billy Vera and the Beaters vocal think happening. The B3 gives it such a COOL groove. Keep this type of stuff coming. :AOK

rhp52

my .02.....The b should be added sparingly or not at all, during the verse. put it further back in the mix when adding and let it build as the song progresses. while still letting it fill out the back of the band, slowly bring it up in the mix, . The speed of the rotation is most important as well.

I like what you've done, good luck

Thanks for listening guys, I appreciate the input thus far. I think the Bass line is way to busy and the keys are way too hot and the vocals are too low. This was kind of an audition for the studio.

HarryJ

Sweet!
great job
I'm guessing I'm hearing the result of more mixing as it sounds jus' right to me :)

HJ

it's kind of a toss up. the b3 pads are nice but the space is nice too. ok i'll commit. go with the space. there are 1 or 2 spots where your notes clash with the keys. not that either of you are wrong just different inversions i guess. space, yes, go with the space.
The song is getting some air play today, I decided to go with the keyless version. The mix was not quite right and the bass was moving too much. But I will get the mix fixed.

cram

wow. that's a moving tune. I loved it.
I listenned to the non keys version and was immediately drawn in. I think the space was good (as others have commented.).

wow. that's a moving tune. I loved it.
I listenned to the non keys version and was immediately drawn in. I think the space was good (as others have commented.).
Thank you so much for the kind words, I know the mix was a bit off on the keyed version, but it seems most appreciate the keyless version the
most:dunno. I may keep it a trio. I appreciate your input, thank you.

Trending Topics