• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Here's an effects loop question I've not seen here...

cedjazz

I don't use the effects loop for any of my effects, but I've heard that "bridging" the send and return gives a different sound/feel to the amp. I can't find any info on the web to support this claim. Has anyone here done this? I have Reverend Hellhound and I'm wondering will this "open up" the amp more?

Your thoughts,

Cedjazz

OrangeAD30TC

The venerable H.W.
Dont know about changing the feel, it really shouldn't, I have heard of amps with send and return levels being turned up to give a footswitchable boost for amps with an FX loop button on the footswitch.

epluribus

Yup, saw this on a schematic (Deluxe Reverb II, the reverb path) and tried it. True enough, more gain, but not very useful in this case--just not wired like gain stages meant to be overdriven.

--Ray

cedjazz

I'll be kind to my neighbors and try it tomorrow. I'll let you all know what I find.thanks for the info

Trending Topics