Heres one to match the most expensive thread but concerning partsocasters...

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by padavis, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Paul Conway

Paul Conway Member

Nice to see kanji on something that actually means something. What's the translation, if you don't mind me asking?

I do sometimes wonder what all those kanji tattoos actually say...

2. cugel

cugel Member

yes i have
    usagc light alder strat, 1/4 sawn maple neck '63 shape, usagc,
    callaham bridge, spertzels, acme pickguard set up w/ lollar blondes, shot in shoreline gold nitro
    its the best sounding thing i have ever played, for a lefty you must understand its hard to find good stuff
    really not that expensive of a build but i think the credit has to go to usagc for such a resonant body, the guy thatdid the setup said it was as good a sounding guitar as he had played but "i bet you say that to all the boys..."

3. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

USA CG Alder Body
    Pat Wilkinson paint & finish
    Warmoth thin profile 1 piece Maple neck - 2nd neck - better for me than the 1st one, but I may change it yet again.
    1-5/8" Earvana Nut - works well, but I now prefer 1-11/16"
    11" Radius
    6105 SS Frets - I prefer 6150 SS - a bit fatter
    Gotoh Mini Locking Tuners - much better than Sperzels IMHO
    Bill Lawrence USA noiseless pickups - a bit nicer for me than DiMarzio Areas.
    Skyway Vibrato Bridge - amazing - no rear routing - perfect intonation.
    TFN Technologies Ultimod Kit + Jack + Orange Drop - 10 different pickup combinations!
    Fret dress and setup by Michael Tuttle - BestFrets.com - very smart thing to do.

All in all, around $2K into it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. tudor@cavernmus

tudor@cavernmus Member

Here's mine.....

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/goldytops/DSCN0007.jpg

I've been using it for 6 months now and my other guitars just don't see the light of day.

Spec.
    Body: 1999 Fender CS 56 Relic
    Neck: 80s MIJ slight 'v' (refinished in nitro and relic'd the hard way)
    Pickups: Bare Knuckle Apache non RWRP with custom stagger
    Tuners: Fender CS 54 Relic
    All other hardware: Callaham

5. j_hotch

j_hotch Member

I put this one together myself a few xmas' ago. It is my one-and-only:

• StewMac pre-painted body
    • Neck from the Warmoth showcase was an orphaned custom job:
      • 22 stainless steel frets
      • Slotted for LSR roller nut
      • 'Wizard' neck profile
      • Warmoth compound radius
    • Neck was finished except for installing the nut
    • EMG DG-20 pickup set
    • Wilkinson vintage-style tremolo
    • Sperzel locking tuners
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. mysticaxe

mysticaxe Member

i've started down the partocaster road (just made the turn), and hopefully I'll be happy with it in the next month or two as I finish and build the thing... It is good to see some of the beauties other people have built.

7. DrPCR

DrPCR Member

I put this thing together from warmoth, not cheap but cheaper than my suhrs and had fun putting it together

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. JimmyR

JimmyR Member

I've built a few and mostly they have worked out well. The most successful one is the Strat that is my "keeper" Strat. It has a warmoth lightweight swamp ash body in Mary Kay blonde, a Fender EJ neck, callaham bridge, Fralin vintage hot pickups and Gotoh staggered vintage tuners.

The ash body with EJ neck (quartersawn) makes for a super punchy, lively Strat. I got exactly what I wanted - a Strat with the responsiveness of a Tele. While I'm sure it's not the Strat for everyone, it's perfect for me.

9. Tone_Terrific

Tone_Terrific Supporting Member

Nice looking work.
    Whatcha got there?
    All rosewood neck?
    Ash/quilt maple body with Floyd and ? pups?
    Sounds like a .......what?

10. DrPCR

DrPCR Member

Yep, indian rosewood neck with braz board, 5A quilt top, ash body, floyd, pickups JB and JN zebras,

sounds like? well sounds killer

11. KBR

KBR Member

Thanks, BEK,

I am still making a few, over a few Hundred, maybe double that, Have a Featherweight Black Ash hard Tail, 2 Lolar HBers, Tortiseshell guard, Mahogany 59 Roundback tele neck, rosewood board I may sell for $900. New Guitar 6 lber!
    pix soon,

KBR

12. DC1

DC1 Member

Not at all. The english is on the back:

I sometimes bring it to play while my daughter is training. He likes that.

DC

[​IMG]

13. Braunzo

Braunzo Member

Wow... That's a cool guitar and it has a cool story to it. THAT's a guitar to keep.

14. DC1

DC1 Member

Thanks, yes that one will not be in the emporium...

DC

15. bluesjunior

bluesjunior Member

Originally a black "Fenix by Young Chan" strat copy from the period after the lawsuit ones hence the small headstock scallop. Ash body, Maple neck. I bought it in a second hand shop for £75. I stripped the body down completely to the wood and resprayed it white. I completely screened the back of the scratch plate, body and pick-up cavities with copper foil and soldered to earth. I put on a Tusq nut, Graph-Tec String Saver saddles and a set of Grover tuners, a set of Kent Armstrong Vintage Tweed Tone single coils with the middle one reverse wound and a Dennis Cornell 25db 9v battery powered mid boost system which replaces the standard pots and fits into the holes in the scratch plate, a switchcraft 5-way switch and jack socket completed the electrics. I have played this guitar for six years now and am starting to get a bit of wear and tear on it which I think makes it look even better. It cost me in total around £500 to make but it is a true keeper and my favourite guitar.

Soundwise it is a dream come true. At the time I made it my favourite Fender was a friends EC Strat but I wasn't totally sold on the Lace sensors preferring the vintage sound. I had put Kent Armstrong '59 vintage humbuckers into my ES335 and they sounded great so went with his Tweed Tones for this one. I chose the reverse wound middle pup as I was a bit worried about noise when using the midboost but needened have bothered as together with the screening it is the quietest guitar in my collection. It sounds good through my Fender Bluesjunior but I have an old 70's Carlsbro 60 Twin head and a closed back 2X12 cab fitted with Celestion G12H's and this is truly a marriage made in heaven. The Carlsbro Twin was touted as the British version of the Fender Twin but has a limiter pot added which was used to distort the tone. Using this function in conjunction with the mid-boost gives an enormous range of tones from super clean to raunchy almost humbucking distortion which can all be controlled from the guitar once the amp is voiced for the room.

[​IMG]

16. HHB

HHB Member

I discovered that the sound I wanted was a one piece maple neck on an alder body w/ trad hardware, the pickups are a wild card but that platform helped me build a strat and a tele that I like more than any Fender I'd ever played, the perfect Fender styles for me, good luck!