Here's something you don't see every day....NKT275 Red Dot content

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tradarama, Sep 9, 2019.

1. tubekingsley

tubekingsley Member

The transistor has three legs, the dot identifies which leg is the collector lead. A dot on top of the transistor can signify gain

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    tradarama likes this.
  2. Joshua Bernstein

Joshua Bernstein Supporting Member

In my opinion, not even close to worth it. The actual specs of an individual transistor are far more important than the number printed on the side. Being nkt275 doesn't make them inherently better than any other transistor. The 275s are so expensive nowadays because of their rarity, not because they inherently have some killer magic sound to them.

3. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member Vendor

Those are in the correct transistor package, but the writing is not the same as you will find in a 1960s Fuzz Face, so not that valuable. Even two pulled ones from a 1967 Fuzz Face are not worth that much IMHO.

4. woolyh

woolyh Member

Ah OK :aok

I bought a Tonebender Mk.1 a couple of weeks ago from a well known builder and was surprised to find the red dot NKT275s in there as I always associated them with Fuzz Faces.

5. charmonder

charmonder Member

So would those measurements even a make a good matched pair fora fuzz face?

6. tubekingsley

tubekingsley Member

You can see the NKT275 printed on the transistors ? Red dot, metal can AC128 is a transistor typically found in a MKl, I've never seen one with NKT275's