• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Here's the sound I want,do I need to spend £2,000+ to get it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y6X1iV5kic

In the title really,this is the sound I want - but is there a cheaper way of getting it?Obviosly this fella's a great player so that helps.
It's really out of my price range though(I was looking at the statesman half stack and DSL50),but as I only want one great amp I probably wouldn't mind going a bit more....around £1000+cab

Already have a couple modded VJr's,Blackstar HT-5 and Tonelab so i'm ok for indoor amps.
Any thoughts?

stoob0t

If you're willing to go for the Hughes & Kettner Tri-Amp Mk1, that's a very close sounding head - and they usually go for around £600.

Same sort of price for a Mesa/Boogie 2x12. I'd say a very similar sounding rig is easily do-able for under £2k.

Yeah pretty good playing hey?
Well i'm not too bothered about cleans but the sound he's getting at 1.00 onwards - that's the sound for me!Should have probably mentioned it before....

stoob0t

If you're not bothered by cleans, and you want a similar overdrive tone, i'd probably consider a Soldano HR50 - and definitely look a cab with Celestion V30's. You can probably pick up a used HR50 for about £700.

MartinC

PM sent, but before I heard the clip ... I'll have a listen tonight ... can't access youtube right now.

MartinC

OK ... listened to the clip ... I reckon you could get very close to that tone with the Statesman ... but it will be a little more vintage sounding

Trending Topics