Heritage 150cm classic

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by lostcause, Feb 17, 2008.

1. lostcause

lostcause Member

Interested in your opinions on this model and other Heritage solid bodies.
    Any horror stories?
    Tales of sonic nirvana?
    Im quite interested in getting one and Im really liking what I see, hear and feel every time I try one.
    Not so sure about the seth lover p/ups tho.
    Any thoughts?

2. CharlieS

CharlieS Member

I've had a few. It's best to play before you pay. The one I really didn't bond with was one I bought over the internet. I bought a great sounding one in a small music shop and stupidly traded it on an amp. If you can live with the neck profile (thinner and a bit flat) and get one that doesn't weigh a ton, there's no reason why it won't sound just as good as a Gibby. The headstock can be a turnoff for many, and the resale on them isn't good. Buy used if you can.

3. lostcause

lostcause Member

Thanks CharlieS
    I actually prefer the neck shape to most Gibsons Ive tried. Head stock shape is no issue, but yeah youre right, they are heavy guitars.

cheers

4. CharlieS

CharlieS Member

I see that they've started chambering some of their guitars, but I haven't tried one to see how it compares. This would cut down on the weight. I've had a couple of chambered Gibsons, and I like the tone.

5. clmazza

clmazza Supporting Member

I have an H-150 CM Ultra....it's a killer guitar! I'm a bit more partial to the newer ones... sonically, it's a pleasure;) Best to play before you buy IMHO.

6. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Got an '07 H-150 Goldltop. Best LP I've ever held in my hands.

7. ChazMania

ChazMania Silver Supporting Member

I have a burst 99 H157. It is a very nice LP. I need to get a good setup done on it as it's been many years.

8. Axemeister

Axemeister Member

Heritage makes really nice guitars. I have an older H150-CM. Nice guitar! The new ones are even better and the fret work with the Plek machines is really great.

They may vary from specimen to specimen because they are made in a more old fashioned manner from the assembly lines, but this can be a really good thing if you find one that you bond with.

I agree that these make a better investment as used instruments, since the depreciate off of their brand new prices pretty quickly. This is just a market issue since the company is not heavily into promotion or popular marketing efforts.

9. SouthpawGuy

SouthpawGuy Member

10. lostcause

lostcause Member

Thanks for the input.
    Ive pretty much bonded with a chestnut 150cm classic.
    I really like it, the price is right, Im taking it.
    I tend to just keep gear and never sell it. Buy right the 1st time and save money and time, so resale has never been an issue for me.
    Ive got to say these Heritage guitars are awesome value. Finish and playability are superb. I guess I knew about them but never really tried them or heard a great deal about them. For me they have been a great find.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the seth lover p/ups?