Heritage Amplifiers Website: What's Up?!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Sunil, May 10, 2008.

1. Sunil

Sunil Gold Supporting Member

Does anyone know what's up with Heritage Amplifiers? For the last 2-3 weeks, you get the following message when you visit their website: "Please contact Support@GoDesign.com and Support@GoDesign.com for further information. Check back soon!"

I've been wanting to contact them about having a speaker cab built, but don't know how to get a hold of them other than through the website. I hope they're still in biz!

-- Sunil

2. hawkeyeinexile

hawkeyeinexile Silver Supporting Member

WayOutWest (Santa Clara, CA (not Canada))
    hey, Sunil,

i hadn't noticed. odd. here's telno info from e-mail last year:

615-377-4913 Phone
    615-373-4986 Fax

:cool:

3. Frenster

Frenster Put your Rock Face on!

"This Account Is Temporarily Disabled For Maintenance
    Please contact Support@GoDesign.com and Support@GoDesign.com for further information. Check back soon!"

That looks like a "you didn't pay your bill" message to me. How does that happen? A decent web host is like, $20 per month...more if you have major traffic, but c'mon!

4. nothereanymore

nothereanymore Member

I don't have all the details, but if you want to have a cab built. Peter has gone out on his own. He built the cabs for Heritage. www.mathercab.com

5. hawkeyeinexile

hawkeyeinexile Silver Supporting Member

WayOutWest (Santa Clara, CA (not Canada))
    thanks, Larry. i'd been mulling a custom cab with Peter and then waited for tax relief & stuff. i've got a couple of his cabs now, one custom. he does great work.

:cool:

6. Sunil

Thanks, guys. for the info. I'll try Peter at mathercab. I just picked up a Colonial head for a steal of a price and wanted to get either a matching 2x12 speaker cab, or possibly a 4x12 cab from Kerry Wright in Fullerton, CA. I just hope things are going well for Heritage Amps. They're making some of the finest amps around! Seeing that message on their website is a bit worrisome.

-- Sunil

7. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

hey sunil. . .

did you sell a heritage victory awhile back? along with an alessandro?

if so. . . .

i'm very glad you did.

8. Sunil

Yes, I did sell both. Did you wind up with them?

-- Sunil

9. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

i have the alessandro.

fr8_trane has the heritage. . . .

i don't think either one of us could be happier.

i'd been dreamin' about that rottweiler. it is truly my ultimate amplifier. gorgeous gorgeous clean tones. . . .

i pair it with a blues junior and use the fender verb.

the greatest thing about that rott is probably the weight. it actually lifts like the blues junior or a cube 60. . . i have NO idea how he does that. i sure do move/lug my gear around though. . . when i'm giggin', i'm also the soundman. . . i THINK i have the best sound to weight ratio going within 100 mile radius of this place. . . so an amp's weight is exceptionally important to me. the rott is truly untouchable in the sound/weight category. also. . . george is an hour drive from me if i need him. i've actually phoned and emailed him, just to tell him THANKS for building that amp.

i tore that ole sticker off there though. stupid sticker. gives a ratty appearance to the amp now that i actually like. . . you put that thing on with rubber cement or sumpin?:rotflmao

i have not had a wee bit of gas since the alessandro arrived. not for a single darn thing. i remember when i first got it. . . i used to get up early before work just to play. i'm not home so much (family stuff) and just plugged in the day before yesterday (first time in a month!). . . and smiled from ear to ear while i played. it was like i hadn't seen an old friend for a long time and we just didn't need words between us.

when i play the alessandro alone, i actually use it like an old blackface. i almost totally scoop the mids (forgive me. . . i KNOW), but it gives me that THANG i love to hear. . . the verb goes to 3pm or more.. . . . an unusual verb, if you're not used to it. . . that is for sure. . . but i have grown to like it a whole lot, when i didn't think i would. . .

the attenuator is quite unreal......NO change in tone. . . though I think it is (hear it is) better to turn the volume down and the attenuator UP. ...

i've played the rott full-on. i can't stand in front of it when i do that. it is a bit hard on the ears to actually stay in the room. somehow, those 5881s actually sound the way el84s do when they break up, except with BALLS. fr8_trane (joe) keeps telling me to try jjs 6v6 in them to get earlier breakup, but those tubes are brand new. . . . i tell joe 'hey, i'll try it when these things die'. he tells me i'm going to have to wait a very long time. . .. so thanks for that as well.

i could never afford one of these amps new. i'm very grateful that a fellow gear-pager was able to pass this baby on to me used in such excellent excellent condition.

always wanted to let you know that. . . . but couldn't remember exactly who he got it from (and haven't asked him . . . duh!). 'cept somehow, your name popped out at me today. . . .

back to the heritage. . . .stuff. . . .

also an unbelievable amp. if they could figure out how to cut 10-15 lbs off that thing, i'd be right there. . . . better than the black/silverface deluxe reverb by quite a shot. . . . .

take care sunil.

check back in 20 years. i'll still have your old amp, if i'm still breathin. . .

10. strat-rock

strat-rock Member

Anyone figure out what's up with Heritage? :(

11. soulsonic

soulsonic Member

You could ask PaulC. He works for them, so I reckon he would know.

12. chilibatsu

chilibatsu Supporting Member

I really would like to know what's going on as well...........

13. chrisgraff

chrisgraff Member

I'm 99% sure Paul has left Heritage. Don't know details, though.

14. longgonedaddy

longgonedaddy Supporting Member

After talking with a the dealer where I got my Patriot, it seems as though the company is OK, but there are issues with the website. My understanding fom the email I received is that Heritage had no idea the site was down. My dealer spoke to them about it, and they should be in contact withthe webmaster.

15. BBQLS1

BBQLS1 Member

Kind of what I was thinking.

16. mark norwine

mark norwine Member

Amazing.

If you run a business that relies (at least in part) on its web presence, don't you check several times a day to see that that your site is up?

That's like a movie theatre failing to turn on the marquis lights.....

~~~~

Paul left? I had not heard that. Paul.....drop me a line, buddy.

17. lannyhall

lannyhall Member

Although I have no firsthand knowledge, I was told by someone who works very closely with the Mathercab guy in Nashville that Heritage Amplifiers went out of business. They were referencing the difficulty of an amp maker to be profitable.

18. gregory70

gregory70 Supporting Member

Well, that would be a real shame if they went out business. I think the Heritages are some of the nicest amps I've ever played.

19. Sunil

That would indeed be a real bummer of a loss. Hope it ain't so. My Victory combo and Colonial head are among the finest amps I've ever played.

-- Sunil

20. nothereanymore

nothereanymore Member

I wish someone would step up to the plate that has the authority, and make it official what is going on. Instead of not saying anything.