• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Heritage Briton II

theHoss

Howdy,

I just wanted to solicit some thoughts on the Briton II. I am considering one.

1)Is it pedal friendly.
2)How are the cleans in VOXy amp different than Fender or Tweed type amp.
3) How is the master volume on it.
4) Anybody giging with one?

I play LPs, Teles, Strats, and semi-hollow bodies, but I would primarily be playing and LP and Tele.

1973Marshall

I am barely getting the chance to try a Heritage. Heard the Burrell and I am gonna try the Victory.

So far - VERY impressed with the cleans and open tone!

1 takes pedals extremely well
2 think if fender made a vox you would get a briton (second channel omitted)
3 master works very well (one of the best i have encountered
4 gigged for a while, worked very well.

the amps is awesome, really hard to beat for the price.

jordan

great amp, loves pedals, speaker selection is crucial (as ever) (i use the Heritage cab w/mine), lot more chime than a Fender of any kind, Ch 2 is like having a 30w version of 18w Marshall.

you might edit your title for "Briton", just in case someone is doing a search and misses your thread

:cool:

theHoss

Thanks Hawk! If I remember right you are one of the first TGPers to have a BII rig? You are still liking it? Great point about the speakers. Paul designed it with the blues in mind, they are a critical piece of the amp. I would be using more as a pedal platform, which is my concern. I think the amp is designed more for really cranking it so you can get the natural breakup and compression of the blues. I am looking at it more for some clean chime, and acceptance of my pedal board.

Thanks Hawk! If I remember right you are one of the first TGPers to have a BII rig? You are still liking it?
you betcha. love it. and being around SillyCon Valley i'm surrounded by sonic pulchritude. and tho i love my buddies' gears, i'm hangin' with the Brit II, the Vic, and the Colonial (and the Juke ;) )

Great point about the speakers. Paul designed it with the blues in mind, they are a critical piece of the amp. I would be using more as a pedal platform, which is my concern. I think the amp is designed more for really cranking it so you can get the natural breakup and compression of the blues. I am looking at it more for some clean chime, and acceptance of my pedal board.
i think the amp's designed for both clean and cranked. and with Ch. 2 as FX loop or 18w tone or both, and mixed volumes' controls it's versatile galore all by itself. peds & FX just broaden the palette

theHoss

Thanks again Hawk! I really appreciate it. I am getting to demo it for a week starting tomorrow, I will take it to band practice on Tuesday. Let you know how it goes. I think live I will run it clean and use the FX loop, but in the studio I guess I could mix it up a bit?

Thanks again!

Grant Ferstat

Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place...
Thanks again Hawk! I really appreciate it. I am getting to demo it for a week starting tomorrow, I will take it to band practice on Tuesday. Let you know how it goes. I think live I will run it clean and use the FX loop, but in the studio I guess I could mix it up a bit?

Thanks again!
How did it go?

I have a Briton II and cab coming to me for 48 hours apro.

I'll be interested to compare it to the 65 London and the '93 AC30 Reissue I have.

How did it go?

I have a Briton II and cab coming to me for 48 hours apro.

I'll be interested to compare it to the 65 London and the '93 AC30 Reissue I have.

now i know others may disagree with me vigorously on this, but to my mind (& ear & hands, etc.) "rule britannia" (& it pains the Irish in me grievously to say it...may just have to rename it "hibernia").

i'm pretty familiar w/the London (a friend had one for a while), have plinked on Vox reissues in a local store. note, i wouldn't fault anyone for a preference other than mine. will be very interested to hear the comparo results. if those Blues in the Heritage cab are brand new, you won't hear the rig at its best within 48 hrs. should give you a real good idea, tho...

Grant Ferstat

now i know others may disagree with me vigorously on this, but to my mind (& ear & hands, etc.) "rule britannia" (& it pains the Irish in me grievously to say it...may just have to rename it "hibernia").

i'm pretty familiar w/the London (a friend had one for a while), have plinked on Vox reissues in a local store. note, i wouldn't fault anyone for a preference other than mine. will be very interested to hear the comparo results. if those Blues in the Heritage cab are brand new, you won't hear the rig at its best within 48 hrs. should give you a real good idea, tho...

Thanks for the advice on the Blues...

I was actually thinking that I was gonna try the Briton head through the Blue/G12H30 in the London cab and the 2 nicely worn in greenbacks in my AC30TB for comparison.

High hopes for the Briton!

Grant Ferstat

Any updates?

Turns out Jackson's Rare Guitars the Heritage dealer in Australia didn't actually have a the correct speaker box in stock. The cab sent was a closed back 2 x G12H30 cab.

It was a great sounding rig but didn't have the upper mid chime I need through that cab. I did try the Briton II thorugh my London's cab also but it was still not quite there. It was still a darker EQ and a little bit more of a rock tone than the sparkle I need.

Seeing as the apro period was 48 hours I had to send the head back. Maybe with the right cab it would have done what I needed but I couldn't commit to the pruchase without hearing it.

Trending Topics