Heritage Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by theHoss, Jun 26, 2008.

1. theHoss

theHoss Member

Howdy,

Has anyone received or played a Heritage since the reorg? Just curious if the guitars they are producing now are the same quality they used to produce.

Thanks!

2. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Gold Supporting Member

All reports I've heard suggest that the quality has actually improved a tad. They are really paying attention the smaller finish details I'm told.

3. hank

hank Member

The examples they brought to NAMM last week were really well done, as you would expect. If they and Hamer would somehow change those headstocks, I might warm up to them. :BEER

4. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

I spoke with the leading individual responsible for their sales in the U.S. about the very brief re-organization.He tells me things have improved.They still have the ugly headstock.

5. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

Yes, I walked into a local store last month looking for pedals, and they had a brand new 575 (175 clone, solid wood) on the wall. Wow! What a wonderful guitar. It was all I could do to keep from walking out with it. Just tops all the way around.

6. HRydarcik

HRydarcik Member

I hope so...I bought a lefty 535 in 2000...the guitar was a complete dog.

7. rooster

rooster Member

It's so weird. My first 2 guitars were Gibson SG's, and nowadays I look at Gibson's and think how funny their headstock looks. Once you get used to the Heritage, the Gibson loses some of its appeal. Personally, I like the "ugly" headstock, for many reasons, not the least of which is functionality.

rooster.

8. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Gold Supporting Member

Weird. I've owned six Heritages and everyone was a keeper - not a dog in the bunch.

9. Guitartim

Guitartim Member

IMHO Heritage has improved over the years. The reorg has helped that effort. They are a much less expensive alternative to Gibson's Custom Shop, and with more options.

I suggest playing one of the newer gits to form your own opinion, however.

10. Kmaz

Kmaz Member

Who is the 'go to' Heritage dealer?

11. freshmattyp

freshmattyp Member

http://www.wolfeguitars.com/

This is the largest seller in North America, and by all accounts a good guy to deal with.

I have a 2008 H535 that is a superior instrument in every way, I absolutely love it.

12. LocustXReign

LocustXReign Member

It's actually a slightly thinner body then a 175. I have a goldtop one, and it's one of my three go to guitars.

-Dave B

13. lostcause

lostcause Member

Ive yet to find a bad Heritage. I havnt played everyone though.
    I dont mind the headstock at all. I own a Hamer as well. Similar headstock.

14. Trebor Renkluaf

Yes. I find it funny people don't like the Heritage headstock and then the play a Hammer. I'll take the Heritage headstock over the Hammer headstock any day of the week.

15. toneman335

toneman335 Member

Played one that was a special order from Wolfe. The wood pickguard was shaped like a Gibson type and the tuning keys looked like Klusons, as used by Gibson, but were another make. The stop tail and bridge were like what Gibson uses as well. The best part was the fit, finish, playability and tone. It had alot of a woody tone when playe acoustically and sounded great when amplified. One hell of a guitar!

16. Kmaz

Kmaz Member

Does Heritage offer a thicker 50's-style neck on their H-150's?

17. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

I've never had a problem with either the Heritage or Hamer headstocks. I just wish that their logo treatments were a bit more sophisticated...

18. Jacobpaul81

Jacobpaul81 Member

I really like them. The frets have always felt unfinished. I hope they've improved this. I really wish they'd do something with that headstock. Something vintage looking, like borrow ideas from someone like Hagstom. That'd look slick!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

19. Trebor Renkluaf

You can prety much custom order what you want, within reason. Heritage is a custom shop.

20. Trebor Renkluaf

Kinda like Gibson? :BEER
    They have been using the Plek machine since around 2005 or so, so now the frets are level and properly crowned.