Heritage H-150 hardware changes

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by Phil M, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I know some folks just like them for what they are, but I never liked the bridge or pickguard on my Heritage H-150 (mine is a goldtop Les Paul style guitar).

Is there a source for direct drop in replacements for the, bridge, tailpiece and pickguard that are more along the lines of a Gibson Les Paul?

2. rooster

rooster Member

I have a Goldtop H-150CM. What I did was order it from Jay Wolfe, so I ended up with the Nashville Bridge and the Gibson-style tailpiece. I changed the TP out for an aluminum one, and the saddles on the Nashville out for titanium. Also, I drilled and tapped out the ends of both pieces and put in some #6 set screws, much like a tonepros setup. As far as the pickguard, I took it to a benchtop belt sander and sanded off that little nubby that follows the lower bout. It looks pretty killer now. The nickel plated pickup rings with the creme Bill Lawrence L495's look pretty cool, too, but sound even better.

rooster.

3. bailnout

bailnout Member

I have TonePros bridge and tailpiece on mine. No modifications to do it. Sounds great. I love it!

4. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

OK, so either "Nashville" or Tonepros bridge and tailpiece. Where could I find these? Thanks.

Rooster, I actually was thinking of cutting/sanding the original pickguard, so thanks for confirming that thought. I'll try it, though it seems the dimensions will be a little small.

5. bailnout

bailnout Member

You can get a "Nashville" style bridge by TonePros. You can order them online at WD Music Products, Inc. http://www.wdmusic.com/bridge_tailpiece_sets_13630_ctg.htm

The coolest thing would be something like rooster did. Get aluminum replacements and then drill and tap them yourself to get the same advantage that the TonePros has. You may even be able to get aluminum from TonePros' custom shop.

Good luck!

6. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I've had this guitar for 6 years and the hardware has always bothered me (long time Les Paul user). I think it's about time to do something about it.

Thanks.

Phil

7. bolero

bolero Member

all I did to mine was swap on an aluminum tailpiece; I'll probably put a pigtail bridge on there instead of the rollers as well

I actually like the pickguard Heritage uses, looks cool IMO

8. scottiejohnson

scottiejohnson Member

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  9. Mutley

Mutley Supporting Member

Schaller makes a direct replacement for the bridge and TP, although I don't think they make the TP in aluminum.