Heritage H-150CM vs Gibson Les Paul Standard

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by guitarz_dave, Aug 12, 2006.

1. guitarz_dave

guitarz_dave Member

Has anyone used a Heritage H-150CM? I understand these are mostly hand made and use higher quality materials than a Les Paul. However, I've never tried a Heritage, and am wondering what you think are the pros/cons vs. a Gibby LP Std?

2. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

[​IMG]

I have a students Hamer Monaco Elite, gold top that I think would give a Gibson LP a good run 'fer the money

I do have a Heritage 535 (335) (pic) that I feel is as good if not better than the Gibson.

HarryJ
    www.harryj.net

3. rooster

rooster Member

I'm prejudiced, as I just ordered my 2nd Heritage H150CM. My opinion: I like the "standard" Heritage neck size better, it's in between the 60s thin neck and the 50s thick neck that Gibson puts out. I like the wood better. I like the idea of the company, and I like dealing with Jay Wolfe at Wolfe Guitars. I like paying $1500 or so for a mostly handmade USA guitar. I like everything about them.

But that's me.

rooster.

4. billyguitar

billyguitar Member

I've got one I bought in about 1985? for $450 new. I had it on consignment at a store for several months. Nobody was biting on it. I went in one day and played it for a minute. I said, nope, it's coming back home. As I was putting it in the case a guy comes in and said he was just going to buy it. I said sorry, not for sale anymore. Mine has a pointy cut, thinner than a Les Paul, dot neck and kind of a small neck, nice flamey top. probably not worth much now. I gigged it a lot and put a stud mount Washburn wammy on it (no holes in the body) and a locking nut that does have holes. Also changed all of the electronics, didn't like the shaller pickups. It's just my little buddy now that stays at home. Maybe someday I'll play that kind of a guitar again.

5. vinni

vinni Member

Here's mine!
    [​IMG]

It's hte best guitar I've ever had. My backup is a '78 heavely modified Gibson The Paul. But I'm seriously considerring selling the Gibson to raise funds for a secound CM150.
    Oh yeah....had a Heritage H535 too. Damm fine guitars.

Vinni

6. hawkeyeinexile

hawkeyeinexile Silver Supporting Member

WayOutWest (Santa Clara, CA (not Canada))

that's prob'ly an H-140, then. neat guitars. the new 2nd edition ones look very promising.

most H-150s i've played i preferred to most LP Standards (& higher-end LPs) i've played.

:cool:

7. billyguitar

billyguitar Member

Thanks. I don't know if I ever knew what model it was.

8. c_mac

c_mac Member

I've owned both. Give me the Heritage every time.

9. guitarz_dave

guitarz_dave Member

I've just joined the club :) Here is my new Heritage 150CM that I bought today for $800. It's my first Heritage, and my initial impressions are that the build quality is better than the Gibby LP's I've owned, and it has the same sustain but a sweeter voicing. Thanks for helping me on this one!

[​IMG][​IMG]