Heritage H535//Wolfetone Marshallheads/Soultone 45ME3

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by tfunster, Sep 1, 2008.

1. tfunster

tfunster Gold Supporting Member

Here's some clean clips demonstrating my Heritage H535 loaded with Wolfetone Marshallheads (thanks coreybox!!!!) into my Soultone 45ME3 head and 2x12 slant cab with Celestion Golds. The amp is in JTM45 mode.

I play three different "sonic doodles"-- first one neck pickup, second is middle and third is bridge. For the hell of it I added a little distortion at the end and it recorded pretty well.

The amp is power scaled back around 40% and I'm using Channel II. There is a little digital clipping--my bad.

I have a SM57 up close and a Groove Tubes GT55 a few feet back. I put a little reverb on the SM57 in pro tools, but there is no other processing. And the Mbox2 is the interface.

http://www.soundclick.com/tfunster

And if anyone is interested in reading my review on this Soultone amp, here it is: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=425084&highlight=soultone+purple

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  2. tfunster

Do my clips suck that bad? :D

3. straticus

straticus Member

Great clips and nice moody playing. I like it.

What are you using for the overdrive tone at the end of the first clip. And what are the details on the second clip?

4. tfunster

Thanks!

The overdrive tone at the end is just me cranking the amp from 5 on the volume knob to around 8.

The second clip is a Gibson SG Classic (P90's) neck pickup for the clean tone, and an out of tune squier 51 (humbucker) for the dirty tone. I added a bit of reverb on the dirty tone. This clip was recorded with a GT55 Mic right on the grill, and the amp was at bedroom volumes (about 90% power scaled back).

5. Aardvark

Aardvark Silver Supporting Member

I liked your clips. Nice playing and tone!

6. thewex

thewex Member

yeah man, i enjoyed those. really liked the distorted tone at the end of clip 1.