• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Heritage hollowbodies

Matlock

Anyone have one?
How do you like them, and how do they compare to similar guitars you've played?

enharmonic

Old Growth
Platinum Supporting Member
I had a 535 for a while. Every bit as good as my 335's. Sold it when I thought I was getting married once upon a time. Bad move.

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
My two Heritage Hollow bodies were among the finest guitars I've ever played.

I liked them better than Gibsons... a lot better, and I had two Gibsons, too.

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
There have been two occassions where I almost bought a new 575. Both were just amazing instruments, but I didn't have the $ at the time. I would never hesitate to buy Heritage.

M

Member 995

I've owned a few Heritage guitars over the years. MY first was a standard 575. Two pickups, maple top, rosewood board, dot inlays. I played it in jazz groups in college and enjoyed it. Pretty good feedback resistance and a comfortable guitar to play.

I ended up trading that guitar to try something new. Eventually, I found my way back to a 575. That one was customized with a spruce top, a single pickup, ebony fingerboard, etc. I played that one for about a year, but never really bonded with it. It suffered from pretty serious feedback problems, especially on the A string, even at home volumes.

I also had a 535 that was a great guitar. That one had Duncan '59 pickups and was a real treat to play. I sold it last year to finance a synth, but miss it quite a bit.

Of them all, I think the 535 was the best guitar and the best value.

Bryan

daveS

lefty dude on hiatus
I've got a lefty natural H-535. Great guitar ! Up against my lefty '71 Gibson ES335, I think the Heritage is just as sweet.

Presc

VERY happy 535 owner here!

They're stupid cheap used too. I've been gassing for a 525, there's a great clip of Gregor Hilden playing one on Youtube.

bluesbreaker59

Gold Supporting Member
I play my "big red" 535 everywhere, around here everyone loves that guitar, and has heard its FAT tone pumping through my Victoria amps. Its been my #1 guitar for the last 3 years, its absolutely STELLAR!!!! I bought it from Jay Wolfe, I got the upgraded woods package, bone nut, 50's wiring, oil in foil caps, and Duncan Seth Lover pickups all for $1400, back in early 2004. That guitar has paid for itself MANY times over.

Flyin' Brian

Silver Supporting Member
I play my "big red" 535 everywhere, around here everyone loves that guitar, and has heard its FAT tone pumping through my Victoria amps. Its been my #1 guitar for the last 3 years, its absolutely STELLAR!!!! I bought it from Jay Wolfe, I got the upgraded woods package, bone nut, 50's wiring, oil in foil caps, and Duncan Seth Lover pickups all for $1400, back in early 2004. That guitar has paid for itself MANY times over.
Yes!!!! Playing my red Prospect through my Victoria Regal II makes me smile a lot. I had it modified with Fralin P-92s, ebony board, master volume, Tone Pros hardware and Heritage's "chunky" neck carve (.89" at the 1st fret). PLEKKed, Buzz Feiten'd goodness. With all of the mods it was $1900 in 2006.

Seen here with her big sister, a 1997 Sweet 16.

brentrocks

Guitar Hack/Player
I am usually a solidy body kinda guy, but i absolutely love my Heritage 525!!! The Lollars sound fantastic!!!