heritage les paul for 1500 ? good deal or no

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by treedroppings, Dec 18, 2009.

1. treedroppings

treedroppings Member

Heritage H 150 Custom Les Paul as new - $1500 (healdsburg / windsor)

Date: 2009-12-15, 1:36PM PST
    Reply to: sale-zf3az-1511702691@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

This is a stunning 2006 model Heritage H 150 Custom -Gibson Les Paul style guitar. Rich amber sunburst. Flawless. Single cutaway, Mahogany body and neck, rosewood fret board, mother of pearl inlay. Seymour/Duncan pickups. Those familiar with Heritage are aware that these are incredibly well-crafted instruments made by the old original Gibson employees in Kalamazoo, MI USA. Please visit their website for more thorough specs if you wish. I purchased this guitar in 2007 but have realized now that I seldom have a time or place to play electric. As beautiful as this guitar is, I would like to see it go to someone that will really enjoy it - perhaps it's on someone's Christmas wishlist. Includes original hard case.

$1,500.
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/msg/1511702691.html

2. Jazzydave

Jazzydave Seeker Silver Supporting Member

I would say yes if I knew it was a killer player and if it had the HRW pups in it. Nothing can compare to a guitar that just talks to you that first time you play it, BUT...

There are other Heritage H150s out there for less. Their values are going up but I see them from time to time more around $1300, even with killer tops. If it were a H157, I could see it being more.

So, is it a "good" deal? I don't think so. Is it worth $1500 if its the right guitar for you? Definitely.

3. televox

televox Member

You can get the real thing for around $1500, couldn't you?

4. Presc

Presc Member

I mean, in a certain sense, it's probably a good guitar for $1500. But you can probably pay less or find a similar H150 for less. I wouldn't be surprised if you could talk him down $100-$200. It's a bit tough though, because there's not tons of them floating around used - only a couple used ones on eBay at a given time or example.

But for example I just looked at completed listings. A sunburst with HRW pickups, a bit more wear, but a bound maple maple headstock sold for $1000 even. A Goldtop with Duncans went for $1225. Another one at $999. So I think you should be looking at $1200-$1300 for a nice example. That's what I paid for my H535 which was mint.

5. shark_bite

shark_bite Member

Heritage IS the real thing.

6. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

Why are the pics on CL always crap?

7. jackbart1960

jackbart1960 Member

Dig that and I realy like my Lester too, but there are a couple I want.

8. gtrdaddy

gtrdaddy Supporting Member

Anyone who doesn't think Heritage is the REAL THING, needs to stop talking and start reading guitar history 101.

9. Jazzydave

Jazzydave Seeker Silver Supporting Member

I restrained myself for the sake of being a broken record around here! Thanks for stepping in and doing it for me this time around.

:aok

10. phoenix 7

phoenix 7 Silver Supporting Member

Looks beautiful. I'd jump on it.

11. Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian Member

I can't see on the pics quite well enough.

If the pickups have 2 screws on each side they're likely HRWs. It doesn't look like it. Also Heritage usually puts a plastic cover with a black dot on the tip on the PU selector switch when the guitar has HRWs.

You can find out from them though.

12. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Member

Looks really nice. Go check it out. Keep 1300 in your pocket. If it speaks to you, show him the money...

13. whomad1215

whomad1215 Member

theres a slightly beat heritage H-140cm at my closest guitar center for $700.
    great guitar, if you like it and are searching for a les paul, id take that over almost any gibson

14. treedroppings

treedroppings Member

[​IMG] whomad1215 [​IMG]

theres a slightly beat heritage H-140cm at my closest guitar center for $700.
    great guitar, if you like it and are searching for a les paul, id take that over almost any gibson /endquote

where is your closest guitar center, whomad?? I don't need cosmetics! but I might want the 150 over the 140 depending on the specs/qualitat..

also I saw a 75 SG with black-plated mini-humbuckers for 1400 at GC San Jose ! Sounded really good to me.
    Paying 3000 for a local non-reverse firebird just for the p90s would be debatable but sweet...
    bonus points $for a quick comparison to fralin/lollar p90s

I think it depends on the individual piece of wood/mojo at this level.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  15. Full Monty

Full Monty Member

True, although over here they don't hold their value the way a Gibson does.:(

16. tnvol

tnvol Supporting Member

There is a killer one for sale on this site for way less that that. The one I played a while back was incredible. I would have snapped it right up if I'd have had the money at the time.

17. Guitarzandstuff

Guitarzandstuff Silver Supporting Member

Um... no!

:nuts

18. Full Monty

Full Monty Member

Well, admittedly they don't have 'Gibson' on the headstock ....... :BluesBros

19. 5E3

5E3 Member

:agree Listen to Dave ... he knows :aok

20. GASattack

GASattack Member

I dont know what GC was local to the post replier on the first page, but here is what I found under
    heritage guitars in GC's used listings (solid bodies only)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I agree ..... real thing .... all the way ....

kevin