Heritage Owners...

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by bluegrif, Feb 22, 2009.

1. bluegrif

bluegrif Member

I'm curious how many (if any) of you have done what I did and replaced the roller bridge with a regular TOM(?) The rollers, while beautiful engineered and made, seem to steal just a bit of tone and sustain. I put a Gibson Nashville bridge on my KB Groovemaster and it really seems to ring out and sustain better. It's not dramatic, but I can hear and feel the difference.

2. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Member

A lot of them are set up this way now. Wolfe's Guitars in Florida, which is a huge dealer carry this setup on a majority of the Heritage lester type line. I would do the same.

3. clmazza

clmazza Supporting Member

Here's my H150 CM Ultra.... stock. As rockinlespaul stated... all come standard with a TOM now.

Killer guitars by the way... :cool:

[​IMG]

4. shark_bite

shark_bite Member

I still have the rollers on my H535. I guess I haven't really tried a TOM on it yet, so it's not immediately obvious what the difference in tone would be, but I don't have a lot of complaints in the first place... so I'm still of the mindset that if it ain't broke... don't fix it.

Probably ought to give it a try one of these days though. The Schaller tailpiece was replaced with a normal stop bar long ago. Blech... still have the ugly thing. Don't miss it.

5. bluegrif

bluegrif Member

Don't get me wrong. It certainly didn't sound bad before by any means. But I do notice a bit sharper attack and a little longer decay. So it is an improvement.

6. shark_bite

shark_bite Member

Yeah, but that may be something I'd benefit from. It does feel a little deader than I expect from time to time.

7. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Silver Supporting Member

Yep. Replaced 'em with Nashville style bridge or TonePros.

8. rooster

rooster Member

Yeah, my Black-and-tan still has the TOM setup it came with, but I put on TonePros tailpiece studs and drilled/tapped the bridge to lock it onto the bridge studs. The other two (goldtop and vintage sunburst) both have Stetsbars. FWIW, I also have Earvana nuts, Bill Lawrence (the real BL, not "BL USA" pickups), and RS pots and Superpots.

Good stuff all 'round.

rooster.

9. erplander

erplander Member

My CM150-CL came new a little over a year ago with TOM bridge and stop bar tailpiece from Eddie's in St Louis. They told me that all the Heritages they sold were set up that way at their request.