Heritage Sues Gibson

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by makemusic84, Mar 14, 2020.

1. bojocatkite

bojocatkite Member

The hate toward Gibson should be more specifically directed to the vultures and parasites who took over the Gibson name and hide behind it.
    It is really sad that those POS throw the Gibson name in the mud of their own greed.
    Those investment cies, and the way they function, are really a fundamental threat to our societies.

hookakat1 and RomanS like this.
  2. rizla

rizla Member

Henry was too much for me. I just didnt want to buy a gibson while that knob jockey was there. He turned me right off the product.
    Now these clowns....
    Its easy to not buy a gibson, there are so many good brands out there that seem to make consistently good guitars at any price.

hookakat1, AaeCee and RomanS like this.
  3. babbyb

babbyb Supporting Member

Heritage needs a spokesperson in a Dillard's motorcycle jacket

teague888, uab9253, hookakat1 and 6 others like this.
  4. fretout

fretout Member

This was exactly what I was thinking! What if Gibson bought out Heritage and used the old Kalamazoo factory to build their new US-made Epiphone models? They could start with a few models, and then ramp up to introducing more and more of the Epi models.

5. funkapus

funkapus Supporting Member

FWIW, I own two, and am pretty damned happy with both.

If that's true, that's Gibson pretty much admitting their intent to SLAPP Heritage.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    pressure, Porfirio, hookakat1 and 8 others like this.
  6. vortexxxx

vortexxxx Supporting Member

I lost track at what Gibson owns, but it would be funny if they own Baldwin as it pretty much caused the near death of various brands like Gretsch due to poor quality.

7. dwk302

dwk302 Member

Gibson just can’t stop acting like a$$ h@l€š.

RomanS likes this.
  8. JohnnyBGoode

JohnnyBGoode Member

If you can't afford a Heritage, Ibanez makes really nice and affordable hollow and semi-hollow body guitars and the ESP Eclipse models are pretty much like Les Pauls.

No reason to buy from Gibson. They became everything that Rock N Roll ever wanted to rebel against...

9. joesatch

joesatch Member

Gibson will switch back to Richlite when the lawyers bill comes.

tonedover likes this.
  10. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Supporting Member

^^^^ Part of Gibson's new statement. Oh yeah, I'm sure that Heritage headstock and body shapes was really confusing all you fellas??

That's a flat out lie. Then, in the rest of Gibson's statement they keep mention "Heritage, now owned by Real Estate Developers and Band-Lab" as if it's at all relevant.

And Gibson goes on about how they weren't suing Heritage even though Heritage clearly stated Gibson threatened to sue & reminded Heritage Gibson could "outspend" them.

FWIW, Heritage hasn't launched anything remotely new in their lineup besides aged guitars. In fact, they went from being able to spec out about 50+ models to 6 models. And, those 6 guitars they've been making for decades. So.....

uab9253 and Tom Von Kramm like this.
  11. deytookerjaabs

In terms of the shape/style of the Heritage H-150 (LP Style Guitar) nothing has changed on the exterior dimensions of the guitar since 1989. The only visual cue is they no longer come factory with those over sized bridge + tailpiece. They've always been damn fine, I used to have a cherry burst '89 H-150 which I got for $500 20 years ago, what a guitar!

12. Panthera2015

Panthera2015 Member

uab9253 likes this.
  13. Mpcoluv

Mpcoluv Supporting Member

What new models are more Gibson like?
    I don’t see much new at the Heritage website.

Markdude likes this.
  14. deytookerjaabs

There aren't any.

I wonder if Gibson is pissed that Heritage is aging guitars now?

Bassopotamus and tonedover like this.
  15. John C

John C Supporting Member

BandLab wholly owns Harmony and is co-owner of Heritage - I'm not sure if BandLab is the majority shareholder of Heritage or if the real estate developers who bought out the original Heritage owners is the majority shareholder. So BandLab is having the Harmony guitars made at the Heritage factory.

pressure likes this.
  16. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

Sad to see more Gibson heavy handedness. I had a very nice H-535 with Duncan Antiquities added from 1997-2001 (my first “335”). My ‘01 335 Historic is holy grail good so the Heritage went to a great new home, but they make some very nice ones. I also had a H-576 I loved.

Mincer likes this.
  17. tonedover

tonedover Silver Supporting Member

apparently they have the junior staff working on their notices. They should be much MUCH more vague in their response.

Perhaps they have PR minions helping write the responses.

L O ****ing L

If this is the quality if their argument, we will see what a judge thinks of all that ..... spoiler: it wont be much

uab9253 likes this.
  18. 83stratman

83stratman Member

Only on TGP. The rest of the real world doesn't give a f@ck.

19. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

I wanted one before I saw this thread! That cherry H535 mmmm

ford and rizla like this.
  20. Yamaha 350

Yamaha 350 Member

A lot of people hate Gibson and call them hot Garbage. I took down my thread because people got mad at some of my points. 1 They think Epiphone was better quality than Gibson. And Epiphone ran themselves and Gibson left them alone. Now Epiphone is Gibson quality. And Gibson are just now running their business. Gibson always did. One guy told another at the Epiphone club do not trade for that Gibson guitar. Epiphone is better quality. And that Gibson is hot Garbage. :rolleyes:

Some are offended at Gibson quality issues and showed pictures in my thread. And on the internet, Facebook, and Forums.

2 They hate Gibson because of the lawsuits. And some want them to go out of business. And one guy cussed and talked about Mark Agnesi. Like it is Marks fault?

So Gibson is screwed no matter what. Most will not buy a Gibson or play a Gibson for free.