hermida distortion-to get or not to get

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by guitarwill, Feb 23, 2009.

1. guitarwill

guitarwill Member

hey guys my turns up on the distortion pedal and i've read some great things about it.

currently i've got bluesbreaker original, katana, keeley bluesdriver, ts-10, and a zendrive for overdrives. do yall thing the distortion would give me something different. playing out of a classic reverb 50watt. style wise i stick to srv, clapton, hendrix, john mayer, three kings if left to my own devises but i do dabble in some more rock stuff when the situation calls for it.. maybe it be cool to have a new sound available to me, any opinions

2. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

you can stack Katana into anything you have and get higher gain. But HD will give you more grunt and hair, and without stacking. A different voice.

3. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

The HD is amazing.Truly a voice unto itself with a great tone,enough hair and harmonics,to kick over a dining room table...

4. guitarwill

guitarwill Member

question, do yall think these will get to where there is a wait on them. i'm trying to weight the options of getting the pedal or doing another guitar project. so im just debating on if i have all my gain pedals covered or weather this would be a great addition to my sound

5. tga-3

tga-3 Supporting Member

+1 Get it!