Hermida Mosferatu

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tbone666, Jan 6, 2006.

1. tbone666

tbone666 Supporting Member

i am very interested in the hermida pedals currently. recently purchased a zendrive and now i would like to see what the mos is all about. problem is that i have seen 3 knob & 4 knob versions, plus ones that appear oversized with graphics on them.

the question is:

should i grab what i can or are there +'s or -'s to each different unit?

thanks -
    todd

2. Lefty

Lefty Member

I have the 4 knob Mos, and I love it! I would recommend the 4 knob just for the versatility. From what I've heard the 3 knob is just like the 4 knob but it's like having the voice control all the way up. Good luck, these are just now catching on...shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

3. tbone666

tbone666 Supporting Member

so i've heard -

thanks-
    t

4. stratofied

stratofied Member

The "oversized" are the original version which was later offered in a mini mos. I believe the mini is the same circuit just a smaller box size like the new 4 knob.

5. stratofied

stratofied Member

Actually if you do a search you will find that the Mosferatu caught on here at TGP quite some time ago. I believe it was the first of Alf's pedals to do so.

6. EXP

EXP Supporting Member

my favorite combo currently is the Mos and COT. crunch city:JAM

7. Deaj

Deaj Silver Supporting Member

I'll bet that combo sounds great!

8. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

I beleive the Mos WAS Alfs first pedal - the Grinder and Zendrive came later....

There are many versions of the Mos - the original bigbox 3 knobber M1 - the bigbox double / M2 - there are some with 3 band EQ and clipping option mini toggles - and Zen/Mos and Mos/Grinder combos.... I think he made a pedal that was just the Eq from the grinder (Fatkins ?? maybe )

I had a double mini M2 - then decided I would prefer two separate minis which Alf was kind enough to do... then I got a Zendrive and then asked for a Mos with a voice control , got it , traded the Zen and the other mos went for Katrina.......

So Im happy with my 4Mos, eagerly awaiting my Zen2 and/or Nuvalve :BluesBros .....

I have recently changed speaker preferences and the Mos is one that sounds even better on greenback celestions, the voice knob reactls differently to speaker differences (duh)....

9. steeeve

steeeve Member

DonneR,

Does the 4 knobber have more high end bite available? Or does it make the range on the tone knob a little more useful? I just can't seem to nail a sweet spot on my 3 knobber. There is like this "jump" somewhere between like 3:45 and 5:00.

Thanks

10. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

Hmm well you could lower the voice knob which would take out some mids and then turn up the level which would give a defacto bite increase.....

yeah the mos kind of jumps to saturation after that poin