Hermida Zendrive - going price

Mike K

Silver Supporting Member
Need some help.
What are Hermida Zendrives selling for these days. Say in excellent condition and approximately 5 years old. I'm talking original Zendrives and not Lovepedal equivalents.

Thanks.

Presc

I feel like I see the originals priced around $300...whether they're actually selling at the ask, I don't know. From what I've read there's no real difference between the LP versions and the Hermida, and you can get a new LP for $240, so it all seems a bit silly to me.

Mike K

Silver Supporting Member
I feel like I see the originals priced around $300...whether they're actually selling at the ask, I don't know. From what I've read there's no real difference between the LP versions and the Hermida, and you can get a new LP for $240, so it all seems a bit silly to me.

Thanks for the response. I guess some people just need to have the original.

Trebor Renkluaf

I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse?
I was under the impression that Alf is still building some (all? none?) of the pedals and Sean is handling the sales side of things, but I could be wrong.

tronus

There is a post on the Lovepedal website saying he building them to "old school" spec in 2016. He mentions construction technique being the original method but doesn't mention if the circuit is the original recipe.

coltonius

Señor Member
Silver Supporting Member
I was under the impression that Alf is still building some (all? none?) of the pedals and Sean is handling the sales side of things, but I could be wrong.
Alf is on the design end; Sean and Lovepedal are in charge of production.

coltonius

Señor Member
Silver Supporting Member
K. I have an older (pre-Lovepdal) Zendrive and a Lovepdal era Zendrive Red. Love 'em both.
Are you referring to the GC exclusive red version (black with a red face)? I love that Zen too! I feel like it got some bad press due to defective batteries that shipped inside it- and perhaps because it came out shortly after the Hermida/Lovepedal team up- but it's great.

elicious

Silver Supporting Member
An older pre-Lovepedal Zendrive sold on the 'bay for about $235 last week iirc

Trebor Renkluaf

I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse?
Are you referring to the GC exclusive red version (black with a red face)? I love that Zen too! I feel like it got some bad press due to defective batteries that shipped inside it- and perhaps because it came out shortly after the Hermida/Lovepedal team up- but it's great.
No, this one was one of Sean's Saturday night specials a few months back. Glad I snagged one.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
To my ears, my original Hermida has a bit better bass and seems to clean up a little better than the newer version. I'm not sure how much meaning that has for most people, since a lot of folks use it for a high gain overdrive, while mine lives on the intersection between clean and distorted.

fjs1962

Silver Supporting Member
I've been playing Zendrive since the beginning (I got to beta test the prototype). I've had as many as 3 side by side before and they all wary slightly. I'm currently using a LP "2016 old school build" and it sounds just as good as any I had when All was building them himself.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom