Hey all you Juke owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by MVrider, Oct 27, 2005.

1. MVrider

MVrider Member

Really impressed by those Juke sound clips. Who are the Juke owners out there - past and present - and if you sold it, why? If you kept it, how long have you had it and how does it rank after some "real-world" usage?

2. Ed Alvarado

Ed Alvarado Member

A friend of mine has one that he just loves. I just shot him an email so hopefully he'll chime in soon. Paging S. Hawk Ltd.

3. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

4. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

I think it's safe to say Hawkeye-in-Exile will chip in when he gets back from band practice this evening. He has a really sweet 1210 that just gets better and better sounding.

5. Silverboy

Silverboy Member

I actually have just the 2x10 model. And mine was made for 6L6s, not el34s. I bought it used, and it's my favorite amp. I own 65 London (which I do love), 4 blackface and 2 tweed fenders, and have had divided by 13, matchless hc30, and two rock CR sig all at some point in the last year. Which one do I play the most? My Juke. It's the perfect grab-n-go amp. Not a lot of gain, just a beautiful slight breakup. Equally luscious with a strat, LP or 335. And really sounds like an older amp. Warm as can be, great reverb and tremolo. One of my good friends down here plays guitar in Delbert McClinton's band, and he freaked out over this amp, and wants to get one...and he's tried all my high-dollar amps and wasn't that impressed...

fwiw..hope that helps.

6. hawkeyeinexile

hawkeyeinexile Silver Supporting Member

WayOutWest (Santa Clara, CA (not Canada))
    for the uninitiate, the Juke web site . "search" in TGP will reveal some users here.

i've had mine almost 3 yrs (this coming 1/03/06) and still love it. chime, thump, swing, twang, and throw an OD or clean boost at it & it'll sing like Callas. trem/vibe & reverb few can rival.

:cool:

7. MVrider

MVrider Member

Hawkeye, yours is a 6L6 amp so I would assume it is somewhat like a Fender, no? If so, which one or ones does it most resemble? Thanks. I'm sure I'll have some more questions if that's OK.

8. hawkeyeinexile

nope. mine's EL34. it doesn't resemble any particular Fender (to my ear), although there is some Tweed in the Juke's design. for Fendery-type stuff, i've got a Rivera, a couple Fuchs mods, and a BFSR (1965). all of which i'd consider selling before the Juke. ;)

9. Silverboy

Silverboy Member

MV Rider...one thing I should mention is that my 6L6 model is the exception...most of them come with EL34s....

10. mad dog

mad dog Silver Supporting Member

silverboy: Have you tried the 1210 as well as the 210? I really want the smaller one, but may end up with the 1210 instead. (Already have one semi-large amp, would love a 2x10 for convenience and variety.) Talking to Gary C., he says most players end up with the 1210 'cause the speaker set up makes for such a full sound.

I am so damn curious about these amps. Would love to hear both.

11. Silverboy

Silverboy Member

mad dog... I have not tried the 1210. It was a fluke I got the 2x10...a friend of mine had one he was selling, and i wasn't really that interested, but tried it anyway, and kaboom. I fell in love. I'm sure the 1210 does sound fuller. For me, I play a lot of gigs where I can't play loud (either backing up singer songwriters, or doing my own project, which is a funky instrumental thing, and we usually play small clubs). that said, it's certainly as loud as vibrolux, maybe louder than my BF deluxe. (That's not to suggest their tonally the same, just a volume comparison). It has plenty of fullness and bottom to me. If you already have larger amps, you may want to consider the 2x10. hope that helps.

12. e-z

e-z Member

Has anyone tried the 112? I from what little I've heard and read it would seem like a pretty good smaller clean amp.

13. DamianP

DamianP Member

I`ve had mine for about 18 months and have absolutely no intention of selling it.
    Hawkeyeinexile`s description is spot on.

,Damian.

P.S. MV. Wheelie everywhere:)

14. S. Hawk Ltd.

S. Hawk Ltd. Member

Mine kind of reminds me between a Super Reverb and a Vibrolux... You have to hear one for your self I guess... I went in blind because there was no way I could play through one in person... But this amp is what I was looking for "on paper"... So per the reviews away I went!!! Bought mine direct from Crouteau...
    And now I just cannot say enough good stuff about my Juke 1210 C, other than (as I have mentioned many times) that this amp stays in my family after I'm dead. (It is in my will)... So to place this Juke Amp in a heirloom status is in my book the ultimate praise for this absolute fine amp.... AND I mean FINE instrument!!!! Gerald

15. Rig James

Rig James Gold Supporting Member

I have a 1210 and a 210, you cant go wrong with either one, the 210 is definitely easier to lug around, but the size of the sound coming from the 1210 needs to be heard to be believed.
    My teacher and good friend borrows the 210 for every gig and recording session he does.
    I love both, they are my favorite two amps by far.

16. blrogers

blrogers Member

how long does it usually take to get one?

B

17. 6789

6789 Member

Does anyone have clips that show off the reverb and tremolo? I heard the clips someone posted last week but I didn't hear reverrb or tremolo on it.can someone post some or email them to me. I can send my email address to you in a PM. Thanks!

I bought a Victoria Regal because I never got to hear a Juke. but I'm still curious about the Juke.

18. hawkeyeinexile

19. hawkeyeinexile

i'm waiting on alignment of the zodiacal signs and d-o-c's and my schedules to do this. none others exist, that i know of.

20. e-z

e-z Member

I spoke with Gary yesterday and today and ordered a 1210. It sounds like I'll have it in less than three weeks.