Hey, folks

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by nixdad, May 4, 2016.

1. nixdad

nixdad Member

Long time lurker, decided to join so I can noise off. I can say this-seems like y'all got a lot of big iron amps.
    I'll be 60 this year, started playing when I was ten years old-owned all the 'back in the day' gear. Owned a '59 sunburst strat and a '68 50 watt Marshall with the 8x10 cabinet, and even though I wish I still had them, I can't imagine playing that thing today at the volume we played back then; let alone moving it. (Of course, had to move to a 1959 because, well that's what we did)
    Even quieter amps I had (well, not that much quieter) back in the '70's and '80's-say my drip-edge Vibrolux Reverb or a JC-120 didn't reduce in stage volume that much until we had a superb soundman with really good ****.
    Still wish I had the damn Kalamazoo Model one-somewhere there's a recording of that thing wide open through a 4x12-real brown-it didn't sound like 6 watts when recorded.

Peace to all

2. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Administrator Staff Member

3. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Hi,

Welcome to TGP.

Jim