Hey from Portland...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ?&!, Mar 24, 2008.

1. ?&!

?&! Member

Hi!

My name is John Guffey. I've been playing guitar for 24 years. I was born in Bettendorf, Iowa, but I've made my home in Portland, Oregon for the last 10 years. My uncle owns Catamount Recording Studios (www.catamountrecording.com) in Cedar Falls, Iowa. Spending time at the studio as a child started an early love of music, and I eventually became an office assistant there when I was in music school. The level of guitar talent in Iowa is truly staggering, and I was humbled by someone virtually everyday. On any given day, I would see Jim Root (Slipknot, Stonesour), Craig Erickson (Shrapnel Records), Bo Ramsey (Lucinda Williams, Bo Ramsey and the Sliders), blues legend Greg Brown, or any of the countless unknown MONSTERS that would come in to lay down tracks. In addition to an inferiority complex, my exposure to all these great players instilled a great practice ethic in me.

I am currently bandless for the first time in many years, and I've been keeping myself busy by teaching a few students. I've been designing and building my own pedals lately, and I'm quickly becoming obsessed. Check out my old bands, and I'll see you on the forums!

www.myspace.com/deathvalleyrocks
    www.myspace.com/lovelypdx
    www.myspace.com/questionandanswerguffey

2. lannyhall

lannyhall Member

That's an interesting member name.

3. ?&!

?&! Member

Hey Lanny,

The "?&!" is shorthand for "?uestion&answer!", which is the name of the effects pedal line I'm developing. See ya!

Guff

4. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard John!

5. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

John,

Welcome to The Gear Page!