Hey guys(gals)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Angry Old Man, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Angry Old Man

Angry Old Man Member

Heard about this place for the last couple years but I haven't been buying any equipment so I had not registered.

I've been a Blues hound since I was 8 yrs old.(Albert King, Hubert Sumlin, Guitar Slim, Otis Rush).
    I dont have much equipment at the moment but in the mid-late 90s I used to buy(broker), fix up 40's through 60's Silvertones, Kay, and Harmonys. I easily owned 60-70 at one time. Pretty much all rare hard to find items so if anybody has any questions on these I might be able to help. Fact is I know of atleast 10 of my guitars on Gbase right now came out of my collection.

Been 10 years since I bought a guitar or amp. However I have decided while I cant get back what I had I will now be choosey in getting a couple pieces of nice equipment.

Since I dealt in cheap guitars I had a couple pieces of modern cheap-ish items I am wanting to re-purchase or upgrade.
    Might be hard to believe but one of the better sounding guitars I owned was a epi 56 LP. Used to play out with it alot. Great tone(semi-reliable)

Now I am considering buying a Gibson 56 RI LP. I enjoyed the Epi so much I may buy the gibby but I have questions for those that have palyed them first because they are not cheap.

Also I owned a really good Blues Junior for playing at home and small clubs.
    Now I am planning on buying another one but doing a bunch of BillM mods in my spare time.
    Any body familiar with these few things feel free to chime in.

I think I am going to like it here

AOM

2. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!

3. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Hi,

Welcome to TGP.

Jim

4. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

5. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Hi AOM,

Welcome to The Gear Page!

6. passion4audio

passion4audio Member

Looking forward to your contributions to the forums!

Welcome to TGP!

:)