• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Hey guys, I bought a new guitar strap. Show us yours!

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
Alright, who let in the birds. lol
Sorry, I'm about to add to them!

Annoyingly, I currently can't use guitar straps because I demolished my left shoulder in a bike accident six months ago and I'm still not able to cope with any weight pushing down on it, but these were my two gig straps before then:

Rhythm Rocker

Sorry, I'm about to add to them!

Annoyingly, I currently can't use guitar straps because I demolished my left shoulder in a bike accident six months ago and I'm still not able to cope with any weight pushing down on it, but these were my two gig straps before then:

Oh man, sorry about your shoulder. I fractured my left clavicle years ago and it was a long time
before I shouldered any guitar. Lots of JD and Tea (the kind you smoke) back then.

I see a Tele Thinline on your horizon. Grab me one, too! :)

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
Oh man, sorry about your shoulder. I fractured my left clavicle years ago and it was a long time
before I shouldered any guitar. Lots of JD and Tea (the kind you smoke) back then.

I see a Tele Thinline on your horizon. Grab me one, too! :)
Thanks! I managed to dislocate it, break off a bit, split the humerus down the middle and tear the rotator cuff so it was a fun little experience.. I was already playing a 6lb ES330, I'm going to need something made of polystyrene when gigging starts up again!

Dashface

I know it's silly, but I've had this lightning bolt strap for twenty years now (I bought it right when I started playing) and have played it at hundreds and hundreds of shows. I'm pretty sentimental about it now. It's one of the nice ones actually made of leather. It's one of my most prized possessions at this point, and I'd rather lose the guitar than this strap.

TVvoodoo

Mad Strappier
I know it's silly, but I've had this lightning bolt strap for twenty years now (I bought it right when I started playing) and have played it at hundreds and hundreds of shows. I'm pretty sentimental about it now. It's one of the nice ones actually made of leather. It's one of my most prized possessions at this point, and I'd rather lose the guitar than this strap.

Strap like this watch the ends for dry rot. you also might find it very helpful to have it relined, and widened out a bit an inch or so under the new lining, with some padding inserted inside.

Rhythm Rocker

Thanks! I think a few have popped up here and there previously.

The top one is a FCS Tono Caballo Ligero in Champagne Sparkle, and the bottom is a MIJ 62 Custom reissue with upgraded electronics and parts.
I watched the MF vid with the Tono Caballo Ligero and it has it's own thing going on for sure.
Nice tones and that neck!

And your red Tele....Muddy Waters would have been proud of ya. :)

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
Straps are probably not as visible as they should be, but oh well. I use Schaller strap locks on all of my guitars. During the pandemic I got the idea to put up 2 8’ sections of String Swing slat wall for my guitars and basses. Then I went to a vintage lumber store, bought two interesting boards, and 20 pair of Fender Schiller-compatible locks. The straps now hang behind the guitars, as seen in the pictures. Normally, I play out with a Brookwood Leathers or McMurray and Blonde strap, but I like having straps that are interesting and match certain guitars.

teleluvver

I went to a Mom & Pop type Music Store to trade in a guitar pedal recently. You know the pedal.
The one you don't want anymore. lol So while I'm talking to the d00d at the counter,
I spy this guitar strap hanging on a rack off to my right and it's calling to me...."You might get a Tele soon, you need me."

Now it couldn't be that I was just playing '60s AO Teles recently (love those) and had watched The Johnny Cash Show (circa '70) the night before and his guitar player is playing a blonde Tele w/rosewood board and it sounds groovy. And those guys all have cool guitar straps like Carl Perkins, Waylon, etc. SOOO....while I wait to find that right Tele or Esquire for me, it's hangin' with one of my Strats....

I usually just use 2 1/2" plain black leather straps but thought this one was cool. Conchos next! lol

Whatcha got! Let's see that cool guitar strap and cool guitar! Thanks for reading. Cheers!
OP, I love that strap! What brand is it?

Trending Topics